[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of The Story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: oj.jpg (47KB, 780x465px) Image search: [Google]
oj.jpg
47KB, 780x465px
Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of The Story of OJ? Is Jay-Z our guy?
>>
...ok
>>
It's ok. Nothing to write home about, maybe except the instrumental which is pretty nice. His delivery is pretty meh.
>>
>yo my nigga OJ didnu nuffin wrong

Yea good song
>>
>>73837400
>He thinks the song is about OJ when there's only one line about him in it
>>
Can't sing along cuz I'm not black enough
>>
>>73837298
Such a boring song. Absolutely no emotion in his delivery whatsoever. I don't know if it was intentional or not but it wasn't entertaining.
>>
.....ok
>>
I have two questions
1- Is Jay-Z trying to say that OJ was innocent or something or is it just about the fact that white America started to despise him after the trial began?

2- can someone please tell me why he adds the color yellow in the beginning? When they are sampling the quote "my skin is black" and then it says "my skin is yellow" Why?
>>
One of the best music videos of the year, song has a good message and is catchy. This new Jay record has been one of the first relevant things he's dropped since i was born that i've enjoyed, aside from Watch the Throne
>>
>>73837431
That's just how Jay Z flows.That's why I've never much cared for him. He's like Biggie with none of the charisma.
>>
>>73837603
>Is Jay-Z trying to say that OJ was innocent

no

>or is it just about the fact that white America started to despise him after the trial began?

no

all he says is OJ tried to dismiss the fact he's black (and tries to put the focus on him as an individual), when in fact that's one of the 1st things that {white America} sees and categorizes him as
>>
>>73837603
It has nothing to do with OJ being innocent or guilty. No matter what you are or what you do or how broke you are or how rich you are or successful or deadbeat or good or bad you'll always be black, whereas with white people they're never seen as "oh he's a rich white guy" or "that's a broke-ass white bum." It's just "oh that's a rich guy" or "that's a broke-ass bum."

I don't know about the yellow part though. I think it was just sampling, could be nothing or something, I don't know.
>>
>names the jew
awesome!
>pro-black
ugh...

I guess it cancels out to neutral
>>
>>73837298
Animation's good, catchy hook, appreciate the message. Not enough substance in the verses though
>>
>>73837298
The delivery was a little hit-and-miss with me. The message was interesting, though -- how Black America's greatest opponent is Black America itself

>Divided by arbitrary titles
>Keeping themselves down because they aren't playing smart
>Comparing themselves to the Jews, also a minority, who own the Media because they stick together
>Mass-produced KKK members were black, going back to the first point
>>
>>73837298
It's good, changed my opnion of not getting 4:44
>>
File: 1482883137097s.jpg (2KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1482883137097s.jpg
2KB, 125x112px
>Garbage flow
>Garbage lyrics
>Decent beat
>Well directed video

Pretty much sums up 90% of commercial hip hop today.
>>
I hate hip hop hop but I really like the animation style
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.