[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is literally nothing wrong with being annoyed that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: floyd-pic1.jpg (74KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
floyd-pic1.jpg
74KB, 625x417px
There is literally nothing wrong with being annoyed that you was born in this shitty generation
>>
you'll grow out of it. theres plenty of great neo classical and experimental music that's still being made. rock music is just shit because almost no one knows how to play guitar and the ones that do make shitty emotionless math rock or metal
>>
All generations prior were pretty shit as well, they're just sugarcoated by hindsight. If you were a kid in the 60s you would have hated the hippies. If you were a kid in the 70s you'd hate the punks. 80s, new romantics. 90s, slackers.
>>
If you were born in the 60s, you'd be dressing like reviewbrah and complaining about your generation all the same. You are an eternal meme
>>
>>73837289
Distaste for ones own generation is nothing new. Artists that broke the mold and went on to remain immensely popular across the following decades do not reflect their own generation very accurately, as the whole point of their style was to stand out in a sea of culture. The vast majority of us have no knowledge of most radio-friendly pop from 40 years ago, and theres a reason for that. For every Pink Floyd type band there was a million mindless pop acts and one hit wonders that people forgot after 10 years. The acts from the current era that are still talked about 50 years in the future likely will have nothing to do with the pop culture scene right now.
>>
>>73837629
this. couldn't have said it any better myself
>>
>>73837629
Pink Floyd was pop music
>>
>>73837289
reassess this opinion in 10 years
>>
>>73837666
did you forget about the drug-addled albums before DSOTM?
>>
>>73837345
> theres plenty of great neo classical and experimental music that's still being made

Music died in the 70s. It's a fact.

>>73837289
Yes, this generation is shit in all aspects. Modernism ruined art. Wish I was in the 60s right now doing the purest LSD in London. I love my internet but i'd trade it for that life.
>>
>>73837780
Thank you for getting where I'm coming from. i understand that Bands are pushing them selfs sonically atm and there's good bands out there. But theres no shame in wanting to experience the era certain albums spawned out of
>>
>>73837780
wrong generation?
>>
>>73837780
Without this generation, we wouldn't have Animal Collective, Fleet Foxes, or Joanna Newsom...
>>
>>73837289
>>73837780
>>73837834
But if you were born in the 60s you would be able to complain about shit on the internet
>>
I'm glad I wasn't born back then, as fun as it would be going to concerts, everything else would suck. Daily life is more convenient now days and in the long run that's more important.
>>
>>73838108
>But thats not REAL folk!
>>
>>73837289
yep
>>
>>73837629
>the vast majority of us have no knowledge of most radio-friendly pop from 40 years ago

I do. You thought you could slide this bullshit post in and nobody would be able to call you out on it but I can and will.

The stuff you see young people talking about from the recent past was just as popular in its day as it is now. Back in the day Pink Floyd played in arenas just like Taylor Swift does today.

More recent? I can remember when Nirvana knocked Michael Jackson off the top of the Billboard #1 spot with Nevermind.

You don't what the fuck your talking about. Reply so I can tear a new hold in your ass. I dare you.
>>
>>73837289
THAT WAS MY POINT THANNKS
>>
File: Fantano eyebrow.gif (119KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Fantano eyebrow.gif
119KB, 240x240px
>>73840145
>tear a new hold in your ass
>>
File: Kate_Bush_-_Never_for_Ever.jpg (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kate_Bush_-_Never_for_Ever.jpg
68KB, 300x300px
>>73837780
This album is better than pretty much anything released during the 70's.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.