[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to into Modular synths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1499414534124.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1499414534124.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
How to into Modular synths?
>>
Just start playing with them, hook a step sequencer into an envelope generator and then plug that into an oscillator and then plug that into your output and start going from there

If you don't have access to one then you're going to first want to get a lot of money.
>>
>>73835788
Planning on the latter already. But I mean how do you even decide which ones to pick? There doesn't seem to be as many 'parameters' in terms of buying. Like if I want a polyphonic analogue keyboard synth, that narrows my search down instantly. Modules seem really vast.
>>
>>73835835

Look upon different manufacturers, study their modules, watch youtube videos, go to synth meets, etc..
>>
>>73835835
The vastness is the advantage, you can build the synth that does what you want to do. I guess one way to get in would be to buy something like this https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LifeformsSV1 that sets you up with some oscillators, some filters, adsr, lfo, amplifier, and ways to get some midi in, and you can build around it. but you may want to just really learn the components, maybe get something like reaktor to play around with the concepts virtually first, and figure out exactly what you want out of a system like this
>>
>>73836072
>>73836276
Thanks for the advice, guys
>>
>>73835335
Be more specific with what you're looking to get out of a modular system.

If you don't want to buy enough modules for one voice at one time you could look into synths that are complete on their own, but interface with a modular well. EI. Microbrute, Mother32, 0coast. (NOT the ms20 though, the pitch CV isn't 1v/o so you would need a converter)
>>
>>73836416
I should specific those synths are mostly for eurorack. Serge and buchla both use different jacks, and I think buchla uses 1.2v/o tracking, but I've seen some in 1v/o so idk on that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.