[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between Synthpop and New Wave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1499527640502.jpg (7KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499527640502.jpg
7KB, 480x270px
>>
They have nothing in common
>>
>>73830900
synthpop is all pop that uses synthetic instruments whereas new wave is only the gay kind.
>>
>>73830900
Synthpop extends well beyond new wave and now encompasses elements of nu-disco, house music, hip-hop and anything a songwriter feels like throwing in there as long as it's synth-based

New Wave also goes beyond early synthpop and includes experimental glam rock like Adam and the Ants as well as bands that border on post-punk.
>>
>>73830939
Is New Wave basically guitars Synthesizers Drums and some reverb?
>>
>>73830974
You don't have to have guitars drums or reverb, but you need to be as unappealing to heterosexual males as possible.
>>
>>73830974
And also androgynous makeup and feathered hair. Those are EXTREMELY important
>>
New Wave is a further extension of punk (specifically post-punk) ethos through a different lens, specifically taking further influence from niche/underground cultures and genres of the time, such as the ones found in various forms of dance music (hence heavy use of synths).

Synthpop can more or less be defined as easily digestible pop music where synths take the lead in instrumentation.

They can intersect at times, but they're very different beasts.
>>
File: 987full-kim-wilde.jpg (608KB, 987x1024px) Image search: [Google]
987full-kim-wilde.jpg
608KB, 987x1024px
>>73831006
t. absolute cuck.

New Wave girls are sexy as fuck
>>
>>73831012
Most of new wave is synthpop and early synthpop was exclusively new wave
>>
>>73831035
You only think so because you're gay.
>>
>>73831075
Not all all.
>>
>>73831075
Nope. The great overlap you hint at is post-punk/new wave, not synthpop/new wave.

Synthpop is just pop-rock made with synths. It borrowed some elements of post-punk and new wave because of the times it flourished in.
>>
File: new romantic.jpg (46KB, 549x370px) Image search: [Google]
new romantic.jpg
46KB, 549x370px
>>73830974
New Wave is new romantic. It's expressionistic, theatrical, either moody or whimsical but always glamorous, dramatic and bold.
>>
>>73831089
Your idea of "feminine" is "underage twitter cunt" so your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>73830900
snythpop is an actual, objectively identifiable genre. new wave is a time period/movement with some vague characteristics
>>
>>73831188
If you weren't so homosexual you could be getting yourself some of those underage twitter cunts, but no, you're here trying to convince yourself you're not gay.
>>
>>73831257
And you're here trying to convince me that you aren't a closet faggot who has to begrudgingly settle for the next closest thing there is to a NEET twink fuccboi: his little sister.
>>
>>73831294
No, I'm actually bisexual. That's how I can enjoy new wave. Your Kim over there just isn't an attractive woman. An attractive man maybe.
>>
File: laughing megazones.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughing megazones.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>73831327
>is a giant fag who fucks boys and boy-lookalike millenial waifs
>calls himself "bisexual" to cope with it
>thinks he has any say in Kim's femininity
>>
>>73831369
I'm sorry, you're not actually gay, you're just fat. Put down the fork you retard.
>>
>>73831327
>No, I'm actually bisexual.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73831423
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>73831637
Wouldn't that laughter more accurately be transcribed HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHHOHOHHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHOHOHO you fatass?
>>
>>73831664
>I'm just going to call anyone who disagrees with me fat
I wasn't the guy you we're talking to, faggot. Now go suck dick somewhere else.
>>
>>73831701
>not him but
If you spent less on food you'd be able to afford a record or two and wouldn't be limited to the shit you listen to on youtube.
>>
>>73831761
Not an argument, champ.
>>
>>73830900
About approx. 40 years.

(Nice dubs)
>>
File: p01bqs1f.jpg (153KB, 812x540px) Image search: [Google]
p01bqs1f.jpg
153KB, 812x540px
>faggot thinks his faggotry is what enables him to like New Wave.

Fucking tarded

it's just got catchy tunes, beautiful girls, handsome men and cute boys.
>>
>>73832056
That's synthpop. What a slow, obese post.
>>
>>73832007
40 what?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.