[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mister Bungle - Disco Volante

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Good album or just a pretty face?
>>
>>73827741
Easily the best Bungle album.
>>
BRING BACK THE PAAAAAAAIN
OF A GOD THAT'S NEVER BLUE
>>
Ma Meeshka Mow Skloz!
>>
>>73827741
Much better than S/T, but on equal footing as California. Just depends what you are in the mood for.
>>
>>73827741
The best album Mr. Bungle has released and a personal favorite of mine. California gets a lot of credit for being a cohesive and accessibly centered album by Mr. Bungle's standards but it's Disco Volante where the songwriting of Dunn, Spruance, and Patton best compliment one another. With an eleven minute sound collage towards the end of the album as well as a wide dynamic range, the album is understandably trying for some. However, with tracks like Carry Stress In The Jaw, Violenza Domestica, and Merry Go Bye Bye, this album showcases the best Mr. Bungle has to offer by far.
>>
>>73827741
Amazing. I don't know why, I just think it's really cool and it's a lot of fun to listen to. One of the best albums of the 90s.
>>
Their most experimental and diverse for sure but I tend to listen to California more as it's more "direct"
But probably their best yeah

(S/T is awesome too as a matter of fact)
>>
Why is Patton wasting time for all his other shit instead of making another Bungle album?
>>
>>73830043
they broke up in 2001
>>
>>73829973
Their debut gets a lot of shit for Zorn's production choices, but I've come to really appreciate it for what it's trying to do. Unlike California which is made to resemble a heavily pacific film score, and Volante which is a darkly distant and diverse album, their Debut is where they most directly are conforming to the production standards of its day. This choice can be a repellant for listeners with an aversion to the metal style they are appropriating, but this clever trickery obscures the self-consciousness of this genre fusion metal pastiche. The contrasting carnival and ska elements against this distinctly metal environment creates an offkiltered atmosphere which ties with the nonstandard form of each track to create a really unique experience.
>>
>>73830043
>>73830081
They did break up, but dunn and patton are collaborating now on a tour with the spruance headed Secret Chiefs 3, so they can't be on bad terms.
>>
I used to like California better but I prefer this album better now. IMO amazing, my fave Bungle album and one of all-time favorite

Also ANOTHER SUMMER ROLLS BYYYYY AND I CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL PAAAAIN
>>
>>73829909

cule blog post, mang
>>
>>73832500
thanks boi
>>
I love this album. One of my all-time favorites. Incredible attention to detail, great atmosphere endlessly relistenable
Merry Go Bye Bye changed my life
I want that song played at my funeral
>>
>>73830043

Patton and Trey had a power struggle

Theyre on good terms now but I bet Patton doesnt see a point for Bungle to reunite. He has tons of other creative outlets plus it wouldn't be a reunion thatd make a bunch of money

Shame, amazing group of musicians.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.