[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken Social Scene Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Hug of Thunder.jpg (169KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hug of Thunder.jpg
169KB, 640x640px
Hug of Thunder has been released on the 7th, what did you think of it? Love it/ hate it? Favourite track? etc.

Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to the band as they are part of the awkward fringe between being popular enough to be known on /mu/ yet slightly more obscure than most /mu/core bands and so are relatively ignored, often skipped over in favour of more niche bands so it would seem (should you have any other hypothesis then feel free to share).
>>
>>73826519
It's my new AOTY so far dethroning fleet foxes. It just bums me out that it probably won't get the recognition it deserves since Drake has become "the Toronto scene" and indie is all but dead.
>>
>>73826519
It's the best straight rock album to come out thus far. Which is impressive because with a 7 year gap in between albums, this could have been the typical, the really shouldn't have, comeback album. My favourite track is vanity pail kids.
I think they as a band will always have a place in /mu/ heart because of how excellent YFIP was, but the old guard that adored them and pretty much the rest of the cancon early 00s pantheon is gone so discussion about them is increasingly more difficult to get off the ground.
>>
>>73827222
Glad you like it, kinda strange how Feist seems to have eclipsed the band in popularity, still cool to see her collaborating with them.

>>73827625
It certainly looks that way.
>>
>>73826519
First listen I wasn't that impressed even tho I'm a huge BSS fan but I'm gonna try it again soon
>>
>>73828182
Feist was a bigger deal for a while but I think they've kinda settled into being about as popular as one another

>>73827625
Yeah it's a bummer
BSS is one of my favorite bands of all time but their best days are definitely behind them imo
>>
Made it 6 tracks and turned it off.
>>
>>73829454
Play it through a couple of times, surely you have the time to do so. no?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.