[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking this morning that it's been a long time since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1498681502075.jpg (508KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498681502075.jpg
508KB, 1920x1200px
I was thinking this morning that it's been a long time since I've heard a band that's made me go crazy for their music. You know what I mean, when a band's music fascinates you, intrigues you, it feels real and new and has idiosyncrasies that you're unused to in music which make it more appealing - as well as that, two or more of the members really stand out for their talent.

The last band that did this for me was The Mars Volta but they've long split and I haven't listened to them in a long time. Before that it was Crystal Castles.

What recent band, in the last few years, are doing things different and interestingly, and sound original, genuine and emotional? What might I have missed?

Genres of interest:

Metal - heavy, prog, black, folk, viking
Dark ambient
Middle Eastern classical/folk
Synthwave [mostly for workouts]
Neoclassical darkwave

Pic: Eva Green because Penny Dreadful is/was excellent.
>>
Not recent but the last 2 bands that fascinated to the point of listening to everything and reading everything about them was:

Tank
NWOBHM band with a mix of punk that actually has 2 incarnations right now from the guitarists kicking out the founder of the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_64zQBbZU

and the other band is Sky
Progressive rock with a mix of non-pretentious classical. Love this band to pieces. The bassist is Herbie Flowers, one of the greatest in the field. The guitars are the most unique part with classical guitarist John Williams being the one of the first to classical style on electric guitar. The other guitarist Kevin Peek is also one of my favourite guitarists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYMBNkeXumE
>>
>>73825660
not OP, but thanks for introducing me to Sky. I really like the song you posted and I am gonna check them out more thoroughly. Really cool music!
>>
>>73825315
>I was thinking this morning that it's been a long time since I've heard a band that's made me go crazy for their music. You know what I mean, when a band's music fascinates you, intrigues you, it feels real and new and has idiosyncrasies that you're unused to in music which make it more appealing
Yeah, that uncomfortable, subversive feeling that makes you go "What the fuck am I listening to? How did they come up with this?" The last time that happened for me was Kanye West's Yeezus in 2013. Pop culture's been on autopilot ever since.
>>
The Contortionist
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.