[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big 4 of Thrash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: big 4.png (40KB, 525x725px) Image search: [Google]
big 4.png
40KB, 525x725px
Thoughts on them?
Which one is the best?
Which one is the worst?
>>
>>73824652
More like trash amirite? Hahaha
>>
>>73824652

check out abysmal dawn instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KGuUKh5Zg
>>
Yeah trash seems about right
>>
Megadeth is the best of the Big 4.

>Anthrax is still opening band status
>Slayer released the exact same album for three decades
>Metallica sold out
>>
>>73824757

megadeth have put out some pretty horrific material

by your reasoning
Slayer haven't sold out
Anthrax's stuff is actually having an upswing
>>
>>73824801
Slayer releasing the same album for 30 years is literally selling out.

I'm not saying Megadeth is perfect, but it's by far the band who fucked up the least.
>>
>>73824757
>>73824801
>>73824840

You dont go to a Big 4 concert for the latest albums, they know its just for the hits.

And based off that, all them are top tier thrash bands except Anthrax. Anthrax is just joke metal. This there only good song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdr4rWG98

They should have taken a Teutonic thrash band like Sodom instead of Anthrax
>>
>best
Megadeth
>worst
Slayer
>overrated
Metallica
>underrated
Anthrax
>>
>>73824652
None of them could keep at least half the quality they were in the 80s. And they weren't that great back then either.
>>
>>73824652
Metallica's first 3 albums are great, then they fell the fuck off after Justice.

Slayer were good until the 90's came around and they decided they wanted to be Pantera but minus the hooks.

Megadeth are incredibly inconsistent, they've alternated between pretty fucking good (Peace Sells, Rust In Peace, Endgame) and fucking abysmal (Cryptic Writings, United Abominations, Super Collider) throughout their entire career.

Anthrax were never good.
>>
Slayer
MegaDave and the Wanky Boyz
Dadtallica
Who?

Slayer is the only one I actually enjoy and even they stretched out one album worth of creativity over an entire career. Teutonic thrash > American thrash.
>>
>>73824652
I would rather Cannibal Corpse
>>
>>73825164
agreed, though I really thing Anthrax should be replaced with Overkill to keep with the consistency of having US thrash bands
>>
Why even listen to American Thrash when Teutonic exists?
>>
Slayer > Anthrax > Metallica > Megadeth
>>
metallica > megadeth > anthrax > slayer
>>
>>73825996
perfect.
>>
>>73824652
Slayer
>>
>>73825996
This is the only correct ranking.

Megadeth - unimpressive guitar wankery, not a single decent album in their discography, some of the worst vocals I've ever heard from a commercially successful band, utterly unremarkable sonically.

Metallica - made some fun, albeit terribly aged albums early in their career that are somewhat enjoyable if you're thirteen, turned into a Nickleback-tier buttrock band during the 90s, have been insufferably and irredeemably shit ever since.

Anthrax - don't have any decent albums, only have a few alright songs but are overall more enjoyable to hear than the previous two, the more obvious punk-thrash influences give their music more vitality and energy that the arduous shit by Megadeth and they aren't taking themselves anywhere near as seriously as Metallica do.

Slayer - have some genuinely decent albums, good production, they only lose points for being a bit too edgy and becoming insanely derivative over their career.
>>
File: testament-dark-roots-of-earth.jpg (511KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
testament-dark-roots-of-earth.jpg
511KB, 1500x1500px
>>73824652
Swap Anthrax for Testament.
>>
>>73825996
Switch metallica and megadeth and I agree
>>
sodom>>>>>>>>>>>>big four
>>
>>73826998
This
Though Kreator is a bit thrashier, Sodom will always be my favorite teutonic thrash band
>>
File: 1448364931235.gif (3MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1448364931235.gif
3MB, 390x293px
>metal
>good
>music in general
>>
>>73825996
>>73826869
You guys nailed it.
Plus, Speak English or Die is an actually good album.
>>
>>73824652
Slayer>Megadeth>Metallica>Anthrax
Lmaoing at people who think Metallica sold out yet Megadeth haven't, Ever since Dave saw how popular the black album was he's been trying to copy its success time and time again. Nothing in their catalog is worth listening past Rust In Peace.
>>
File: 1496941473128.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496941473128.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>73824652
Slayer > Metallica > Megadeth > Anthrax

does anyone even listen to Anthrax?
>>
>Metallica
Sold out and shitty metal ever since Cliff died
>Megadeth
Dave Mustaine still continues to sing through his nostrils and it still sounds awful
>Slayer
They managed to make a discography out of the same song for thirty fucking years
>Anthrax
80's Belladonna era was the best and the boys are starting to get better after they dropped off.
Anthrax is for people who know metal doesn't all have to be serious. Hell, they even helped contribute to the early Rock/Rap movement with Public enemy. Unlike the 3 others, they're starting to make a comeback.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.