[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanna start getting into Eric Clapton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

What albums are a must/ his best? Ive heard he's a must so can i get some help?
>>
Hey man! Speaking for myself and for most of his fanbase, he reached his climax in the mid 70's and later had a revival with his MTV unplugged album. The Albums he recorded with The Yardbirds and John Mayall are considered to be the best those bands have to offer. Then of course his three years with cream were probably the most succesfull. After they broke up, he formed Blind Faith and later Derek & The Dominos. So heres some albums for ya: John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton, All Cream albums, Layla and other assorted lovesongs, MTV unplugged, ....Personally I prefer the Blind Faith songs over the rest, they are kinda like cream, but less mainstream. Shadilay!
>>
>>73823843
OP here, thank you. This is very valuable. Ive been looking to broaden my musical horizons, not with just listening but with playing as well.
>>
You're welcome! I've been through all this, though still expanding my own horizon. Eric Clapton plays good stuff, his 80's and 90's productions (with Phil Collins and other weird experiments) kinda suck, at least if you're looking for decent, blues-rooted, music. Sea of joy (Blind Faith) has a nice guitar pattern you can intend to learn, Sunshine of your love is a good start and rather simple to play. The Solo guitar on the Beatles "While my guitar gently weeps" in case you didnt know already, is also a contribution by Slowhand. If you like to just jam along with your record, which i used to do a lot, with great results, I highly recommend the John Mayall Album, or John Mayall in general. The Album he recorded with him is often referred to as the "BEANO" album.
>>
File: DSC03612.jpg (3MB, 3240x4320px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03612.jpg
3MB, 3240x4320px
My latest creation
>>
>>73823941
Recently ive been on a huge David Gilmour binge. In my search for more things similar people have said that Claptons style is something i would have to experience. I just had no idea what to avoid and where to start.
>>
File: Derek and The Dominos.jpg (153KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Derek and The Dominos.jpg
153KB, 1440x1080px
not the best one to start but it's one of his finest albums
>>
>>73824014
if you enjoy gilmour and are looking for clapton's music, you can have the best of both worlds by listening to roger water's solo album the pros and cons of hitchhiking. there's some very underrated cuts in that record, and imo has clapton's best guitar work.
>>
and let's not forget about "Riding with the King"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.