[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the best ambient album really a video game ost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

is the best ambient album really a video game ost?
>>
>>73820133
Fuck you its one of the greatest game in terms of story-telling and of course the greatest horror game of all time. I always revisit it during Halloween.
>>
>>73820179
yeah but we talking bout the music
>>
>>73820211
i love the soundtrack. its full of very threatening abrasive noise and pretty guitar.
>>
>>73820250
it's only high rated because it complements the game pretty well
if it was standalone it would be average dark ambient
>>
>>73820211
It doesn't matter what it was made for. Since the OST embodied the environment of eeriness so well, it was able to achieve the exact goal of what the artists wanted.

Side note: Ambient is gay lol
>>
>>73820285
>if it was standalone it would be average dark ambient

Then fucking play the game.
>>
no, but the next several selections on that chart are equally shit. Pop is the first good ambient album on that chart and it's at #7 because RYM silent raters are huge pleb idiots
>>
No, half of the OST is guitar-driven tracks and those are easily the weakest songs. Why that album is so high is beyond me since it's not even completely ambient.
>>
>>73820380
RYM charts just take into account if an album has said genre as a primary genre. if a good amount of the album is ambient, it's fine to vote ambient on it. i do wish there was a better way to curate the chart, though, because i don't even think fans of that album, even ones who would rate it a 5, would say it's the best ambient album ever.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.