[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is Kenny G and why are so many of his albums at thrift stores?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: a196f26e7efc0fc9c3890cdc748ce61d.jpg (291KB, 1168x1188px) Image search: [Google]
a196f26e7efc0fc9c3890cdc748ce61d.jpg
291KB, 1168x1188px
>>
>>73816425
Kenny G is a saxophonist whose work is largely emblematic of the "smooth jazz" genre.

So many of his albums are at thrift stores because of his waning popularity over the years and the transition to digital distribution formats.
>>
Why is smooth jazz so bad yet so popular? I can never understand it
>>
Grimesfag this but unironically! THE FACT THAT John Lennon beat his wife Oasis is alright.

Ringo is the best Beatles.

-Thom York Bjork
>>
>>73816496
????
>>
>>73816496
Haha, ebin xDDD
>>
>>73816507
>>73816518
Fuck off you won't know internet culture if it hits you hard on your face
>>
>>73816468
When I was v young my nanny was an old black lady. She only listened to smooth jazz and she loved it. I imagine lots of black ladies her age feel the same way
>>
Wow, kids don't know who Kenny G is anymore. Amazing.
Why you see his shit in thrift stores is because he's like a god in China. They literally play his song on every PA system every day.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/china-embraces-kenny-gs-going-home-as-its-anthem-to-go-home-20140512
>>
>>73816539
Look out, we got a badass over here.
>>
>>73816496
Yikes.
>>
>>73816542
I was being serious you fucking nigger.
>>
>>73816425
Kenny G is an American jazz saxophonist, bandleader, and composer. He is among the most influential and acclaimed figures in the history of jazz and 20th century music. He adopted a variety of musical directions in his four-decade career which has kept him at the forefront of a number of major stylistic developments in jazz.

He's also the biggest-selling instrumental musician of the modern era and one of the best-selling artists of all time, with global sales totaling more than 75 million records.

He's essentially a jazz god and you should be ashamed to ask such a plebian question.
>>
>>73816828
>He is among the most influential and acclaimed figures in the history of jazz and 20th century music.
mysides.jpg
>>
>>73816547
Everything I hear about China is worse than what I heard before.
>>
>>73816854
lol this
they should've all starved to death during the cultural revolution
>>
>>73816970
Not real communism btw
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.