[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one succeed in music? Pic related. I still wonder why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tylerthecreative.jpg (51KB, 616x440px) Image search: [Google]
tylerthecreative.jpg
51KB, 616x440px
How does one succeed in music?

Pic related. I still wonder why he remains almost as relevant as when Odd Future blew up when he has never released a fully consistent album, and I refuse to believe he got that big because of a single song (Yonkers). Is it his personality? Is it his attitude towards the music industry? Is it because he's a goofball? How has he made it this far? What do you think /mu/?

Also ITT: Strangely popular artists.
>>
>>73816010
cause he doesnt just do music. thats what held kept him relevant
>>
>>73816010
He changed the whole face of hiphop.
Graphic design and fashion
People looked to him when they didn’t know what kids liked for a while
>>
>>73816010
kids really like his personality and he still looks young so it looks ok
>>
>>73816010

>I refuse to believe he got that big because of a single song

that happens all the time though. can you name more than one Vanilla Ice song?

>>73816086

>He changed the whole face of hiphop.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL imagine actually believing this
>>
you gotta sucka lotta dick
>>
>>73816839
He created sadboi.
>>
>>73816866

so?
>>
>>73816839
>can you name more than one Vanilla Ice song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNtJBO4lysU
>>
File: 1498833253227.jpg (1MB, 2048x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1498833253227.jpg
1MB, 2048x1313px
>>73816839
>>
>>73816904

I don't get it
>>
>>73816866
no that was james ferraro.

> Is it his personality? Is it his attitude towards the music industry? Is it because he's a goofball? How has he made it this far? What do you think /mu/?
no its always being apart of some scene and being in the right place at the right time. tyler is smart because he maximized his spotlight to the core

its pure luck that he somehow meets frank who was a ghost writer for def jam.

>How does one succeed in music?
find a collective in your area or internet. join it and hope it gains a following then use your resources to sell out and become a big.
behind every artist that somehow "became popular" was usually 90% of the time apart of some unknown collective.
>>
didn't kanye tweet yonkers was the video of the year when it came out? And that was the era Ye dropped MBDTF and WTT, two of the biggest hip hop albums of the decade. That probably set Tyler for life.
>>
>>73816839
Even though Yonkers is far more popular than the rest of his songs, I wouldn't say it's a one-hit-wonder thing like Vanilla Ice. I mean, if he was, his persona would have worn off years ago and would have become irrelevant by now. But he's releasing an album in a couple weeks and he's getting pretty hyped up again.
>>
>>73816839
he easily changed hiphop and added a lane for bedroom producers in rap
>>
>>73817485
>And that was the era Ye dropped MBDTF and WTT, two of the biggest hip hop albums of the decade.

You are such a retarded following faggot.
>>
>>73816010
Successful musicians usually do way more than make good songs. They'll do something noteworthy (Ozzy bit the head off of a live bat, Tyler riled up crowds and turned his own shows into riots, etc), get exposure somewhere (Computer Magic getting on a car commercial), or are just talked about ad nauseam (millions of "i wanna smell Lauren Mayberry's feet" threads)

tl;dr: keep attracting attention for anything and everything
>>
File: OFWGKTA YouTube.jpg (256KB, 1262x556px) Image search: [Google]
OFWGKTA YouTube.jpg
256KB, 1262x556px
sure Yonkers has 90 mil views right now but you really think thats his only hit? lol
>>
>>73816839
>reddit spacing
Get the fuck off this board and back to your metaphorically third world website.
>>
>>73817946
actually really smart move
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.