[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleeps confirmed patrician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: latest.jpg (7KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
7KB, 209x204px
Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, one of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was jungle or drum & bass, a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation Thanks to ever more intricate beats and to free structures borrowed from jazz, jungle music rapidly became the foundation for a new kind of avantgarde music, pursued by the most austere of the genre's visionaries
>>
>>73815429
Breakbeat hardcore is better than jungle
>>
>>73815429
>this destroys the rocktard
>>
>>73815429

>not a single bleep album in his top 100
>>
>>73816000
bleeps ain't about albums
>>
>>73815429
Breaks aren't bleeps and he called techno and house shit.
>>
>>73816000
He doesn't actually have an overall top 100, all his lists are by genre.
>>
>>73816412
All his lists are garbage except to find some obscure artists he dug up in order to maintain an image of eclectic, contrarian taste. That's the only purpose he serves. His writing is trite, obviously unresearched, dago shit.
>>
>>73816000
He gave an Orbital album an 8/10.
>>
>>73817175

so? he's given hundreds of 8/10s.

not one bleep album has a 9/10.
>>
>>73816412
he has a list of overall "profound" works or some shit and its mostly jazz and classical.
>>
How does one into 90s jungle and hardcore? Was it simply something that you had to be a part of to really understand, or is it possible to vicariously live through via music, reading, and documentaries like prog (to an extent ) is?
>>
>>73817204
he put stockhausen over every rock album ever
and klaus is hella bleeps
>>
>>73817276

Stockhausen isn't bleep retard
>>
house is my least favorite genre

i put it below k pop and mariachi cover bands
>>
>>73817301
i doubt i've ever read a more ignorant comment in my life
>>
>>73817204
yea, edm is a singles/mix based genre
>>
>>73817373
edm isn't a genre retard
>>
>>73817309
lmfao get taste
>>
>>73817309
BUILD THAT WALL
>>
>>73817390

https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic+Dance+Music/
>>
i emailed scaruffi my album to see how he'd rate it and he replied to me within 3 hours "not time right now maybe in the future, life is too short"
>>
>>73817336
what the fuck are you talking about Stockhausen didn't write bleeps

he wrote elektoniche musik
>>
>>73817274
you can still get into it like any genre, i dunno why would it be different

as a starting point you could grab a book or something. Energy Flash by simon reynolds is a good entry guide imo and you can easily find it as a pdf; once you get into some of the essential stuff then you can make your way via checking forgotten singles of the subgenres you like the most, labels, compilations and stuff

have fun
>>
>>73816000
>music can only be listened to in albums
the sooner you grow out of this mindset the better
>>
>>73815429
>jungle or drum & bass (...) variant of house
this doesn't sound accurate imo
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.