[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Blondie the best that mom rock has to offer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: debs.jpg (301KB, 1471x1449px) Image search: [Google]
debs.jpg
301KB, 1471x1449px
is Blondie the best that mom rock has to offer?
>>
janis joplin
>>
roxy music
>>
https://youtu.be/QbdCpi4qTNY
mfw the solo at 1:38
>>
>>73807034
i love "The Tide Is High". it reminds me of going on vacation or something.
>>73807070
you don't play guitar(well) if you think that is anything noteworthy. that was shit.
>tfw ywn be her hendrix and fill her songs with six stringed bliss
she was a degenerate though so i'll pass honestly.
>>
>>73807034
No. That honor either goes to Pat Benetar, Chrissy Hynde, or Joan Jett.
>>
Not really since most of her fans were gay men.
>>
>>73807140
Only the most hetero of men listen to Blondie.
>>
She did nude shoots for playboy so preddy good overall.
Music is nice too, but why would yu care?
>>
>>73807140
>get into X music with female vocalist
>find out most people who listen to it are gay
what does this mean lads
>>
Duran Duran
>>
My cousin was like 13 in the late 70s and he thought "Wow, Debbie Harry is 33? She's fucking ancient." I guess it is ancient to a 13 year old.
>>
>>73807165
Heart of Glass era Harry was peak Harry as well
>>
>>73807102
And now she says she regrets not having kids.
>>
File: 1476236655418.jpg (124KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476236655418.jpg
124KB, 1200x1200px
>Fleetwood Mac
>Bon Jovi
easily two better mom rock bands
>>
I've been offered a ticket to go see Blondie - how is she live nowadays?
>>
>>73807263
and fuck it, Journey is mom rock too
>>
>>73807270
She's like 71 so I honestly don't know. I hear she does take good care of herself and practices /fit/ stuff, so hopefully not too bad.
>>
>>73807292
The ticket is quite cheap so I'll give it a shot.

If its terrible then it might be funny at least.
>>
Fleetwood Mac
>>
>>73807270
she's WAY too old
dont
honestly
>>
>>73807309
I mean, it can't be worse than the Stones or McCartney who are older and still put on a decent show (Jagger and McCartney are both /fit/fags).
>>
>>73807339
>it can't be worse than the Stones or McCartney
on their best day, blondie are not even in the same league as those guys
>>
https://youtu.be/VHh-cOwsN1s?t=4223

She's obviously not in the same league as she was back in her heyday, but she's not bad considering she's 72.
>>
>>73807339
I was thinking more of how Debbie's act really doesn't translate well to being 71. Nobody cares about Paul McCartney or Neil Young's sex appeal so they can perform until they die, but it was very integral to Debbie's image and persona which is why I'm very sure she looks pretty silly performing now, even assuming she hasn't lost steps as a performer due to her age.
>>
>>73807339
>>73807384
Paul McCartney's voice is gone, man. The rest of him has held up well and he still does three hour sets, but it kind of sucks when he's lost his most important body part.
>>
>>73807270
saw her at a festival a couple years back

nah
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPuGvHXLkaQ

Judging by this, she seems to be holding up pretty well.
>>
>>73807402
Ringo is close to 80 and his voice has hardly changed at all over the years.
>>
>>73807492
fuck off """ringo""".
>>
I'm actually surprised at the videos linked, she's aged better than I expected considering all the coke and free-and-loose loving she did back in the day. Stevie Nicks can barely even move onstage anymore.
>>
>>73807492
Not a fair comparison. Paul has done 20x as many live shows as Ringo and his singing is far more powerful and technical. Ringo just sing-talks in a one note voice.
>>
>>73807034
What about Tears for Fears?
>>
>>73807566
my mom fucking LOVES tears for fears, definitely fits.
>>
File: ND2011.jpg (28KB, 490x467px) Image search: [Google]
ND2011.jpg
28KB, 490x467px
dont forget neil diamond
>>
Enjoy the show anon, and be careful about being pinched and groped by all the 50 year old gay dudes in the audience.
>>
>>73807158
That's literally bullshit 95% of the time, faggots claim to be the ""majority"" of every female artist's fanbase with no evidence.
>>
>>73807492
Ringo always sounded like shit so who can tell the difference
>>
>>73807883
Kate Bush's fans aren't gay guys or even women for that matter, they're mostly weird, nerdy men.
>>
I guess Heart would be the best example of momrock from that late 70s era.
>>
>>73807883
>>73807982
well this makes sense
>>
>>73807883
Depends on the artists, the more glam/high fashion they are (think Madonna), the more gays will be into them. I don't like someone like Avril Lavigne or Miley Cyrus is all that appealing to that demographic.
>>
>>73808037
Hearts first two albums are great
>>
>>73807777
quads of truth
>>
>>73807034
Pat Benatar shits all over Blondie
>>
>>73807375
Clem Burke is still so fucking good
>>
>>73807034
>Blondie
>momrock

I really fucking hate /mu/ sometimes....
>>
>>73808913
I mean, considering how much coke they did back in the day. They lived the rock star lifestyle as hard as anyone in the 70s.
>>
Dave Matthews Band is secretly patrician
>>
What is a entry level Blondie album?
>>
>>73807140
No. Oldfag here. She gave me some of my first boners. That's a SHE. You youngsters prefer your hot "women" with nice feminine monster cocks.
>>
>>73807270
Wash your hair that night. I watched the coverage of her at Glastonbury a couple of years back. If she was a horse you'd shoot her out of kindness. And I'm a fan, it's just that voices can't last, especially as she used to smoke.
>>
>>73809648
Go by chronological and then leave it at a sensible point. If you really want hits then Parralel Lines or Plastic Letters.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.