[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 220px-A_Moon_Shaped_Pool.jpg (18KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-A_Moon_Shaped_Pool.jpg
18KB, 220x220px
What does /mu/ think of this record over a year after it came out? Just got around to really listen to it, and its really good. I can tell its a grower. Don't exactly know what to think of it yet besides that (on 4th listen) but I like it quite a bit.
>>
The more I listen to it the less I like it. Identikit and Burn The Witch are still bangers tho.

Bends era True Love Waits is still better than the studio recording.
>>
>>73803659
Yeah I definitely like the old True Love Waits better. Too slow on the album version, but its still good
>>
>>73803609
a moon shaped pool? more like a moon shaped POOP lmao
>>
>>73803659
>>73803709
https://clyp.it/pwwjbgiv
i use this instead of the album version
>>
Rateyourmusic told me i should love it so i love it.
>>
Possibly a top 3 Radiohead album tbqh. It's utterly amazing.
>>
yeah its bretty good
>>
it's decent
>>
My favorite Radiohead album. I never cared too much for Radiohead, other than Kid A and Amnesia, but since AMSP was released I now also appricate The Bends, In Rainbows, and Thom's solo work. Ok Computer is still really overrated though.
>>
It was forgettable enough for me that I only really listen to Identikit and Ful Stop anymore. I think it's pretty boring all in all.
>>
>>73803814
1. In Rainbows
2. Kid A
3. A Moon Shaped Pool
4. OK Computer
5. Hail to the Thief
>>
These Are My Twisted Words should have been on it
>>
>>73803833
????
>>
>>73803609
their best album
>>
>>73803833
OK Comp
Amnesiac
Kid A
Hail To The Thief
King of Limbs
>>
>>73803870
Not the dude but that list perfectly okay. I personally find IR and Kid A much better than OK Computer. Not sure about putting AMSP ahead of it, but that's his opinion.
>>
It's grown on me for sure, songs that initially didn't stand out upon release such as Present Tense and Glassy Eye are some of my favorites now.

Its not the go-to Radiohead, but its nice to sit down and listen to with a drink in hand
>>
>>73804065
Glass Eyes is one Ive been going back to as well. Thom's voice is my favorite in that song and Daydreaming, which no one mentioned in this thread but is one of their best songs.
>>
>>73804108
Glass Eyes is my favourite on the album
>>
>>73804148
Beautiful song
>>
>>73803659
gotta hand it to you mate read my mind.

This album is boring, first two tracks are good and I like True Love Waits (Bends era still better) but everything in the middle is forgettable. Disappointed they didn't release "Wake Me Up" or whatever that demo recording is cause its their dopest track.

The hype made it better than it actually is: which is a 5/10 at best.
>>
>>73803940
shit opinion
>>
A Moon Shaped Pool is Radiohead's worst album.
>>
>>73803609
It's shit. Shave your head and sign up, faggot.
>>
>>73805443
no thanks autist. im good. how about kill yourself you flaming retard
>>
A Moon...
*whisper*
Shaped Pool

Is shit.
>>
>>73805429
Pablo Honey exists.
>>
>>73804065
Yes anon, same for me. Present Tense is beautiful.
>>
>>73805492
Pablo is a great album, no matter how snobby Yorke is about it. Every track is ā€¯catchy", and that's what pop music is all about. It's not a science; it's just memorable tunes.
>>
>>73805474
>>73805443
>>73805429
>>73805424
Fuck off
>>
>>73805334
Agreed. I never liked it, at all really. I keep thinking there's something I'm missing, that it'll "grow" on me like Amnesiac or other albums do, but nope. Easily my least favorite RH album, not counting Pablo Honey
>>
>>73805492
Of course and it's easily better than A Moon Shaped Pool. :^)

A Moon Shaped Pool is largely the product of sonics over composition and going about such an approach to the album's detriment.

>>73805559
>It's not a science; it's just memorable tunes
Exactly. At least Pablo Honey is well-written at it's core regardless of how dated and derivative it's grunge-influenced 90s alternative rock sound comes across (which I don't even mind, personally).
>>
>>73803609
There's a good deal of songs on there that I dislike. But also some songs that I like a lot.
>>
>>73805761
I can see that. I thought the same about A Moon Shaped Pool at first, but I enjoy it a lot more now for the sonics itself and dont think its a detriment. Agree to disagree tho..

I do like Pablo Honey quite a bit and don't think its bad at all for the record. The album that I might play the least is possibly The Bends..
>>
>>73805334
What demo are you talking about?
>>
>>73803855
No.
>>
>>73805334
Its a 8/10. Better than TKOL btw.
But i agree, the hype made it sound better.

It sound pretty much like a demos album with a few worked on singles.

I read thar Nigel pull the album together because the band were minding they own bussiness once they finish recording and didnt get involved in the rest of the process
>>
>>73805791
Agree, sonics and orchestration are the luxury here.

Greenwood you fucking genius.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.