[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with Nick Cave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: nickcave.jpg (33KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
nickcave.jpg
33KB, 500x625px
Where do I start with Nick Cave?
>>
The one with the Southern Gothic aesthetic that's really moody

Oh fucking wait
>>
>>73799398
firstborn is dead?

mah nigga
>>
Skeleton Tree
>>
File: 1488472156226.png (665KB, 768x702px) Image search: [Google]
1488472156226.png
665KB, 768x702px
lovely creatures
>>
Let Love In or Murder Ballads
>>
>>73799412
It's the same fucking shit for 30+ years
>>
You don't, it's for boring plebs.

You're better of taking acid and dying.
>>
>>73799445
and its goood as shiet
>>
>>73799378
Everyone's going to say something different, as always with cave, but murder ballads

>>73799445
retarded statement
>>
>>73799378
Start with his current stuff and work backwards so you can save the best for last (The Birthday Party)

He was basically a mediocre guy with a good song that wasn't his before 1981, then from 1981-1984ish he was on top of his game and then he sucked from 1985-2003ish and then he got pretty good again
>>
>>73799378
Don't.
>>
>>73799378
first to last in that order
>>
>>73799715
My friend saw The Birthday Party live in the early eighties and said it was awful and noisy.
>>
Try Tender Prey and Let Love In first. If you like those then I suggest you go back and start from the beginning of his discography and work your way up from there.

Also if you like his first few albums then you should go back and listen to the Birthday Party's material.
>>
The thing with Nick Cave is that all of his albums have huge differences, so it's hard to compare.
I would say Boatman's Call if you're new to Cave, it's probably the easiest to listen to.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.