[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What instruments does /mu/ play? Why do you play those instruments?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1479924347448.png (1MB, 2085x2121px)
1479924347448.png
1MB, 2085x2121px
What instruments does /mu/ play? Why do you play those instruments?
>>
please respond
>>
>>73795724
>>73796207
i play your mom every night
>>
I play the recorder.
But I forgot the notes.
And I hate it's sound.
I haven't touched it in 8 years, but it's the only instrument I own.
>>
I play guitar because my dad gave me his and I didn't want to disappoint him
>>
>>73795724
Guitar. I thought it would substitute for a lack of a personality and girls would like me. Obviously didn't work, but it became a good hobby. when i wanted to write my own songs, i bought a bass, so i play that too. I also learned how to program midi stuff and basic piano and accordion.
>>
>>73795724
Ipad
>>
Clarinet, because I started in middle school and enjoyed it too much to stop after high school
>>
>>73796540
How did you learn how to play it?
>>
File: IMG_5521.jpg (29KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5521.jpg
29KB, 236x353px
>be me
>14 years old
>watching videos of Metallica playing live back in the 80s
>grew up listening to Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, all that shit.
>decide i wanna play guitar and sing like James Hetfield
>go out and buy a cheap shitty Epiphone les paul and a blackstar amp.
Play for a while, end up becoming kinda good.
>grew my hair out semi long, wore band shirts more
>basically became metalhead sperg boy for freshman year
>only intended to keep playing as a hobby, want to join the national guard and go to college after high school
fast forward to my senior year of highschool:
>its been 4 years since i got a guitar, taught myself mostly, got private vocal lessons though
>vocals kinda sound like a mix of Dave Mustaine and Chuck Billy
>been in a Thrash Metal band since late junior year, frontman for it.
>play first live headlining show
>get up on stage and play our first of 6 songs
>shows going amazing, crowd is roudy as fuck
>about 150 people in the venue
>keep playing show, interact with crowd
>felt like a god
>we get to the final song
>planned on doing a Megadeth cover
>decide to call our buddy from one of the opening bands to play guitar in my place
>we play the song, throw some picks in the crowd, exit the stage.
>people staying after chanting the name of the band
>feel like a total badass
>go back to merch table and decide to hand out some shit for free to the last guys at the venue
>this ended up taking something like $150 out of my wallet but i dont care
>decide from that point on this is what i wanted to do with my life
>realize this is all i've ever wanted to do with my life

This was 3 years ago, today i'm going to college for a STEM degree and in the national guard for the benefits. A year ago I left that band i played with senior year. Money is tough but i get by, still play guitar and sing daily. Planning on getting back into the local music scene after i graduate. Its funny thinking it all started from a kid with pleb tastes trying to get pussy.
>>
>>73795724
Tuba
Because the one tuba player in my middle school band moved, so I took his place. Wouldn't recommend it desu.
>>
>>73796587
which instrument? Guitar? I knew how to play basic chords from my grandpa when i was a kid and i could read sheet music from playing the clarinet as a kid, but i learned most of my stuff from youtube like marty schwarts and justin's guitar. i think most new people learn that way.
>>
>>73795724
saxophone because I thought I would like playing jazz
turns out I don't
>>
Guitar, but I am a complete talentless hack with it, I just like getting a lot of pedals, playing power chords and start making tons of noise with it
>>
>>73796745
t. Tom Morello
>>
>>73796618
thank you for posting this, unironically really inspiring
>>
>>73796666
>learning guitar from Marty Schwartz
>>
>>73797135
>thinking it matters who you learn power chords from
didn't stick with his videos for long. i do still watch justin's for jazz stuff occasionally
>>
>>73795724
>What instruments does /mu/ play?
Violin.
>Why do you play those instruments?
Because I want to attract all the boys.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.