[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead is a very depressing band and a lot of /mu/ like them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: radiohead.jpg (32KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
32KB, 500x364px
Does that mean a lot of people on /mu/ are super depressed?
>>
More like overrated piece of shit.
>>
>>73792411

yea
>>
>>73792411
Hmm, maybe you're onto something...
>>
Well yeah. It's full men who have never felt love in their entire lives. Of course they are depressed.
>>
By depressed you mean "I'm so le sad xDDDDDD"
4:44: I le crave death rt
4:45: I le still want to die xDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>73792411
no, it's just teen angst. not real sadness.
>>
>>73792473
This is pretty true. When shit actually got difficult for me this entire community started to come across as incredibly petty. Most people on here are pseudo sad. As in, they to some extent have control over their misery and haven't realized yet that they simply enjoy being sad because it's an excuse to avoid things they fear.
>>
Radiohead is only a depressing band if you demand music to make you happy. Whereas any good art recognizes that many important themes in life are more serious than jovial.
>>
>>73792967
I've never thought about it that way but it makes a lot of sense. A lot of people I know in real life will often say music is really sad or a bummer when I would just call it bland. But a lot of people who don't see music as an art form or hobby just use it as a pick me up so I guess that explains it quite a bit.
>>
File: i don't wanna feel this anymore.jpg (21KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
i don't wanna feel this anymore.jpg
21KB, 500x498px
radiohead isn't even that depressing, i think. a lot of their lyrics deal with things like paranoia, alienation, resignation and futile resistance, but that's not really sad.

also, what >>73792905 said is true and i'll be the first to admit i'm one of those people
>>
>>73792905
>Most people on here are pseudo sad
no they're lying about it because they think it's the new "chic" thing that'll give them a leg up socially
>>
>>73792411
More indicative of the fact that Radiohead sucks and people on /mu/ have bad taste.
>>
>>73793141
How is being depressed going to help you socially? No one likes depressed people. Not even other depressed people.
>>
>>73793168
Perhaps they shouldn't have made him depressed then. Can't have your cake and eat it.
>>
File: B7qSQo_CcAAssqs.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
B7qSQo_CcAAssqs.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>73793141
You couldn't be more wrong. Being depressed may have been "cool" for alternative kids in the 90s, when grunge was big, and unfortunately this bled into the 2000s with nu-metal and then emo "angst". That's why pic related was funny and well observed.
Nowadays, it's cool to be happy and hedonistic, even in the indie scene. Hence the rise of rap and edm as popular youth culture.

tl/dr
Being depressed isn't cool anymore.
>>
Radiohead isn't as depressing as it is melancholic. Something like Have a Nice Life or Deathconsciousness is more depressing I find.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.