[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this album so hated??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1098.jpg (113KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1098.jpg
113KB, 650x500px
Why is this album so hated??
>>
because it's shit
>>
>>73790482
Why? Can you expand om your opinion?
>>
>>73790497
it isn't very good
>>
It is morally wrong to like this album.
>>
>>73790470
>Autotune
You probably like M.I.A. - AIM too, am i right?
>>
>>73790470
There's good tracks, good have been a great album is kanye cut the shit tracks out and spent more time on it.

Ultralight beam
Pt. 2
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
Franks Track
No More Parties in LA
Saint Pablo

Great tracks, I still overall like the album, but it's no 10/10
>>
>>73790594
Could*
>>
>>73790470

Best album of the decade. It recklessly peers into the broken soul of an egomaniac.
>>
>>73790724
this
>>
>>73790497
>>73790724
it's a constructed album to make Kanye appear unstable by juxtaposing weird shit with basic pop shit

neither is particularly well done and the whole comes off as very forced like most of Kanye's fame/marketing
>>
Because it's a really terrible album by an artist who up until that point released great albums.
>>
>>73790787
>great albums
>Kaney
>>
>>73790514
elaborate ...
>>
>>73791376
DAMN SON DIDN'T EXPECT THAT.
KANYE BTFO HOW WILL HE RECOVER?
>>
>>73790497
Whenever I think of listening to some Kanye, this album never crosses my mind.
>>
>>73790594
>pt. 2 instead of pt. 1
I still agree with you though
>>
File: yee.jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
10KB, 240x210px
>>73790787
>>
>>73791886
My fav
>>
>>73790470
Because you could listen to College Dropout, Late Registration and MBDTF instead. In fact, listen to the rest of his discography instead rather than an album with at most 5 tracks worth going back to.
>>
Made it by a nigger.
>>
It's the greatest album (so far) by the single most important artist of this generation. It's a masterwork by a genuine master, and so was Yeezus, so was Dark Fantasy, and so was 808s.

His college stuff is exceptionally great but not nearly as great as 808s or anything after it.

Kanye is a world- defining genius, but because he's black, a rapper, and a challenging artist, it will take a long time for people like us to figure this out. In thirty years this opinion will go from fringe music writers, to a an edgy new kids opinion, to an old guard opinion. Kanye might actually be the goat.
>>
>>73792855
Kanye is the GOAT. He is the single most important artist of this century. No, really, think about it.
>>
>make an album that is supposed the combination of all good things from the previous albums
>end product is a bland ass shit that's not even saved by patches
>>
>>73790594
>Ultralight Beam
9/10
>Pt. 2
2/10
>FML
6/10
>Real Friends
8/10
>Wolves
4/10
>Frank's Track
who even cares
>No More Parties in LA
7/10
>Saint Pablo
9/10
>>
>>73790775
>juxtaposing weird shit with basic pop shit

Oh yeah, because Kanye hasn't done that since 2008...

Of course it's a constructed marketing plot, but it's a very good collection of tracks if you take it for what it is.

Still no one else is able to make stuff like this that works. I rate it as one of Kanye's best
>>
>>73790514
This.
>>
I think it's too messy and focusless to achieve anything meaningful in the scope of his whole discography. The good tracks are overshadowed by long stretches of filler and leftovers. I like the idea of the "soundcloudy" kinda lo-fi production, but I don't think Kanye uses it as nicely as Frank's 'Blonde'.

To fix it I would just take off tracks 4 to 10, aswell as everything less than 2 minutes.
>>
>>73790470
It's inconsistent as fuck and padded as fuck
>>
>kanye desperately trying to not become dad rap
>>
>>73790541
oh you mean paper planes? yea its alright i guess
>>
>>73790470
Coz some people don't like it...
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.