[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does he think of your favorite album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: RobertChristgau-3[1].jpg (183KB, 1140x798px) Image search: [Google]
RobertChristgau-3[1].jpg
183KB, 1140x798px
what does he think of your favorite album?
>>
>>73777855
He's not rated anything in my top 10
>>
>>73777855
I doubt he's heard more than 1 of my top 10 albums
>>
>>73777855
C-
>>
>>73777887
post your top 10. we'll just see about that.
>>
>>73777855
A-
It's also a Scaruffi 9/10
>>
>>73778017
TVU&N?

(asking without checking if it's an A-)
>>
he didn't rate boc?

>shitty critic
>>
>>73777855
>RobertChristgau
In the Court of the Crimson King [Atlantic, 1969]
The plus is because Peter Townshend likes it. This can also be said of The Crazy World of Arthur Brown. Beware the forthcoming hype--this is ersatz shit. D+
>>
>>73777855
Highest one that he actually rated is B- which is still significantly higher than what I'd rate him as a critic.
>>
"Ersatz shit".
>>
File: IMG_0950.jpg (170KB, 1123x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
170KB, 1123x442px
not bad
>>
>Daydream Nation
He gave it an A
>>
>L.A. Woman [Elektra, 1971]
The tip-off is when in the middle of a lyric about needing someone who doesn't need etc. etc. Jim intones the line "I see the bathroom is clear." That's how you know the "raaght awn"s in "Cars Hiss by My Window" (hiss, huh?) and the jungle talk in "The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat)" (wasps, huh?) and even the cover of John Lee Hooker's "Crawling King Snake" (take that, lizard-haters) are jokes. Which is nice, because the band has never sounded better--the blues licks are sharp, the organ fills are hypnotic, and they've even hired a bass player. But if "Been Down So Long" is also a takeoff, I prefer Randy Newman's. And Newman has better ideas about "L'America," too. A-

Ok?
>>
File: bitte orca review.png (31KB, 1077x113px) Image search: [Google]
bitte orca review.png
31KB, 1077x113px
>>
>>73778049
Nah, double nickels
>>
File: donuts 'review'.png (9KB, 705x44px) Image search: [Google]
donuts 'review'.png
9KB, 705x44px
>>73778192
And this one isn't even a fucking review.
>>
>>73777896
shit its actually C+ my bad
scaruffi 8/10
>>
File: christgau.png (3KB, 267x94px) Image search: [Google]
christgau.png
3KB, 267x94px
Wew
>>
>Rock Bottom [Caroline, 1974]
>I'm at a loss to describe this album of "drones and songs" conceived and recorded after Wyatt's crippling accident except to say that the keyboards that dominate instrumentally are of a piece with his lovely tortured-to-vulnerable quaver and that the mood is that of a paraplegic with the spirit to conceive and record an album of drones and songs. B+
this is barely even a review
>>
File: 1491928049287.jpg (58KB, 939x644px) Image search: [Google]
1491928049287.jpg
58KB, 939x644px
C
beatles guy gave it a 4/10
>>
>>73778204
>Music for the Jilted Generation - 1995
> They acted so stupid when I caught them opening for Moby that I passed off their Mercury Prize as techno tokenism. Nor was I impressed by the failed ad campaign of a title, or the picture of a longhair defending the chasm between big bad city and vernal rave with a stiff finger and a big knife. But this is stupid in the very best way. The style of sensationalism is fireworks display--pinwheels and Roman candles and starbursts popping out of starbursts popping out of rockets midair. Sound effects too, of course--breaking glass is a favorite--and even ideas involving melody if not harmony, including a flute solo. One of the rare records that's damn near everything you want cheap music to be, and without a singer on the premises. A
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.