[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music and SAT score

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: MusicIQ.png (462KB, 900x2559px) Image search: [Google]
MusicIQ.png
462KB, 900x2559px
<-- Here's a compilation of a correlation between musical taste and SAT score gathered by different universities.

Do you believe that in some way this correlation has a cause/effect relationship? Or is this purely coincidential that rap seems to be more dominant in lower SAT scores while classical music (Beethoven) is much higher?
>>
this is really funny
>>
>>73773214

But where does Grimes fall?
>>
File: 1498598571484.png (29KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1498598571484.png
29KB, 354x286px
/ourgirl/ norah jones at the top of Jazz
>>
>Beethoven in the 1400s range
>All other classical not even at 100
Wew
>>
as someone who scored well on the sat i can tell you that the test is hardly a measure of intelligence and really only measures how prepared you are to take the test which almost always translates into resources available to the individual like tutors and practice tests. it shouldnt come as a surprise then, that genres more popular with economically depressed communities would score lower.
>>
>>73773391
Actualy people over 1500 only listen to Bach but there is not enough place to show it.
>>
HAHAHAHAHA

JAZZ CONFIRMED FOR LOW IQ PLEB GENRE

GET REKT NIGGERS
>>
>>73773425
No, people that listen to classical music are smarter that poeple that listen to nigger music, this proves it
>>
>>73773425
That's probably true, but I think one's attitude towards school also plays a role, whether one has the resources or not.
>>
>>73773214
the only conclusion i can draw from this chart is that everyone they surveyed has shit taste
>>
The SAT is not a "measure of intelligence." There is no "measure of intelligence." There are millions of different kinds of intelligence - emotional intelligence, logical intelligence, social intelligence, sensory intelligence, experiential intelligence, blah blah blah. One could be horrible in every single subject at school, but a musical genius.
At that that, they're not even an accurate measure of verbal and mathematical intelligence. For example, the tests are timed. Not everybody is a fast thinker, so they might get a slow score. But just because you do a math problem slowly doesn't mean you're bad at math. If you still end up getting the answer right, you're still good at math.
The essay section is also arbitrary. I got As in almost every essay in every English class throughout high school, and I got a 6/10 on the SAT essay. The test is stupid. Case closed.
>>
>>73773746
>t. C student
>>
>>73773746
Spoken like a dumb, angry person
>muh different kinds of intelligence
Fuck off, hippie.
>>
>>73773762
I basically admitted as much, I'm partly mad because I didn't get a super-high SAT score although it wasn't super-low (1880). I'm a B student though.
>>
>>73773773
It's the least hippie-ish statement ever. Anyone with any knowledge of science or the human body knows that there are different kinds of intelligence.
>>
>>73773425
this
>>
i took the ACT
>>
>>73773797
That's just a theory so dumb people don't feel so dumb anymore
>sure stacy, you're not fucking stupid, you just have a lot of social intelligence!
>>
>>73773425
this

>>73773589
I agree, but it also has to do with resources. I grew up poor but I tested into a wealthy public school. I knew people who were practically brainlets and they got near perfect scores and they all had prep classes since 8th grade. They got into all the top schools. The system is made for wealthy people. Yes, there are exceptions like myself but I basically became the token poor kid in both high school and the college I went to because the richest of the rich attend there. It's fucking awful and I regret playing into it.
>>
>>73773425
>economically depressed communities
And have you wondered why they are like that. It is true that SAT isn't a measure since you're a complete retard
>>
1356 is still a pretty low score...I think this proves all music fans are retards tbqh
>>
Maybe it's because more people listen to rap, there's a bigger sample space and more chance for lower scores to bring it down, whereas there can't be that many kids listening to classical, and they'd probably be the "weird kid" who is more likely to do well at school too. Iunno
>>
>>73773907
>maybe a lot people listen to rap
And wouldn't it mean that a lot people are retarded, you aren't a bright fellow.
>weird kid
Damn really makes you thonk
>>
>all these newfags who don't know it's photoshopped
>>
>>73773940

All I'm saying is that if there were 2 kids listening to classical, one was 1436 (or whatever the highest score on the SAT is, I'm not American) and one had an average score, it would look like classical listeners are all geniuses, whereas a much more popular genre like hip-hop might have hundreds of respondents and average out lower due to that. All I'm saying is that sample size is important to not skew the data
>>
I know plenty of Yale students, they only listen to Kanye, Kendrick, etc. But they do listen to classical studying playlists.
>>
File: Patrician.jpg (82KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
Patrician.jpg
82KB, 1240x775px
>>73773214
>>
>>73773214
>U2 >>> basically everything
wew
>>
>>73773848
>that's just a theory
>just a theory

How are the crops doin, Jedediah?
>>
The "metal" section is really lacking
>>
My favorite artist is Chief Keef and I got 1330 on the SAT
>>
I listen to industrial. I didn't take the SATs. Makes sense.
>>
File: toad.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
toad.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>73773214
>radiohead that high
into the trash
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.