[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>going to college to study music with the goal to be a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Shiggy_Diggy.gif (775KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy_Diggy.gif
775KB, 300x168px
>going to college to study music with the goal to be a great musician
>thinking the education system can bring you up to speed with people that have been playing their instruments since they were 13
>not understanding life experience is a thousand times more valuable when it comes to art

or

>going to college to study music with the goal of being a ?scholar of music???
>"Hey well I may not be able to do anything with this degree, but I REALLY enjoy this class!"
>literally more retarded than any retard that actually plays an instrument
>accumulate an amount of debt you could never pay off
>work in an office for the rest of your life with your "doctor of music" degree framed in your cubicle

why did you go to college for fucking music of all things?
>>
double major with physics lol
>>
File: 1492546783742.png (224KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1492546783742.png
224KB, 409x409px
>caring about work
Why are you up at this hour wagie?
>>
I didn't and it feels great.
>>
>>73770426
lol at art school for rich kids
>>
>>73770426

businessfag here and it's not any better

all you need to know about the world is that it is divided between chads and cucks: if you're a chad you'll get the opportunity to reach for the stars, be successful in everything you do and lead a great fulfilling life; if you're a cuck your destiny is to grow bitter and pathethic while struggling to keep up with mediocrity because the world is simply too much for you

besides genetic factors (which make up 50~80% of your behavior), your social-emotional IQ is pretty much established by the time you are 8 years old so forget about ever changing your nature, the best you can do is try to fake it but people can smell it from far away and nobody likes some tryhard freak trying to be someone he's not

that's why there are philosophy majors that get out of college with jobs in wall street and engineers who can't find a job in their fields if their lives depended on it
>>
>>73770576
you are absolutely stupid
>business degree
>checks out
>>
>>73770689
Cuck detected xD
>>
>>73770717
you don't even kill
>i do

>cuck and chad pretty much sums up your worthless viewpoint kid
>>
Majored in music, biggest mistake of my life
>>
>>73770789
lmao. do you play an instrument?
>>
>>73770805
Bass and Guitar
>>
>>73770823
>majoring music
>playing instruments that can be easily mastered by yourself

Holy smokes
>>
>>73770823
Well, you have that at least. Looking back, what was it that compelled you to make such a financially ill advised life decision?
>>
>>73770426
Four years of intense, focused practice with knowledgeable teachers while surrounded by talented musicians will do far, far more for you than five or six years of playing for couple hours a week. By the end of it you'll both be limited more by your own individual talent than by raw hours invested.
>>
>>73770436
lol end of discussion
>>
>>73770576
>engineers who can't find a job in their fields if their lives depended on it
[citation needed]

I know so many people who have gone into tech/engineering–some out of pure interest and others because they know the salary is high paying–and they all got jobs upon graduation. All the people I know who went into philosophy have jobs but they're nothing special except for one who currently works for a French bank in NYC.
>>
>>73770426
art colleges are for networking more than anything.
>>
>>73771014
>talented musicians
>imblying they aren't nothing more than yuppie faggots leeching off their parents
>imblying playing gigs with real band members isn't way more valuable

Shiggydiggydoo scooby doo
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.