[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the 00's so much better than the 10's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4390.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
Why was the 00's so much better than the 10's
>>
>>73767775
late 90s optimism followed by post-9/11 unity. at least in america until the housing market crisis. then post reagan cynism came back, and it's been that way for a lot longer time for some reason. while i think the 10s have been overall better than the 00s for music, the 00s had higher peaks
>>
cause they're over and able to be put in perspective/context

and far enough back in time that we can filter out all the shit music that is still fresh in our minds from the 2010s
>>
>>73767858
I dunno man, the 00's were pretty dark. I meant better in a fun and more musically varied and fresh way, not optimistic.

I would argue 2009 - 2016 when Obama was in office a feeling of smug optimism was a lot more present and obnoxious. It's when commercials and mainstream television started trying to be ironic and memes became incorporated into society.
>>
>>73767882
PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
>>
>>73767915
the 00s were dark, but the kind of dark were it feels temporary. almost a teenage angsty kinda way. then, in the last two bush years and first two obama years, there were some glimpses of stupidly over the top optimism that broke through occasionally. i don't think the massive wave of cynicism really kicked in until about 2011-2012. the memes and stuff that followed were basically about giving up on hope. milenials (i know it's a meme to mention to milenials but who cares) kept bitching about student loans and not being to buy houses. there was also a sharp turn to giving up on having a family and basically anything long term. i think we'll enter into a more optimistic time when normies finally realize that pessimism and cynicism are boring.
>>
>>73767775
because 9/11
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>73767775
Because you were a child. Everything seems better when you have no responsibilities or critical outlook on society.
>>
>>73767775
The 00s were much better for ROCK music, which is /mu/'s favorite genre. Mainly because the 90's were so godtier, and the 00s were inspired by the 90's. But right now rock is sort of stuck in a slump.

The 00s were only okay for rap/hip hop, a couple standout releases but nothing special, while the 2010s have been a godsend for the genres, the sort of thing we probably won't see again considering the particular intersection black america has right now between strife (fueling the emotional side of the music) and privilege (fueling the technical skill of the music).

Rock music is stuck in the 2010s because nobody has anything to say anymore, at least with guitars. The alt right never got around to making art/propaganda more sophisticated than dank memes, and the left is more obsessed with electronic music and revival movements (hence the FUG DRUMPFH PUNK meme being forced right now).

I suspect that we won't get any more good rock music until the current twenty something generation (generally speaking the age group that produces the most actually innovative music), Millenials, grows up and we get a better sense of the cultural direction the next generation, whatever the fuck you call Gen Z, goes in.
>>
>>73768390
This. but people will always delude themselves into thinking the era when they were a child was the best era regardless. I already see kids on YouTube music videos released in 2011 bitching about how mainstream music died in 2013.
>>
>>73767950
see, in 2027 no one is gonna remember Party Rockers (In the House Tonight) and The LMFAOs

even today, it and they only gets brought up by autists on a Singaporean real-time mailing list
>>
>>73768412
>The alt right never got around to making art/propaganda more sophisticated than dank memes
Can't say that when fascwave exists. desu, guitar music just isn't popular with most millennials; coon tunes and electronic is enjoyed by both leftists and the right, although the left is mainly into "obscure" p4k shit for credibility as opposed to actually liking it since the majority of leftists can't be anything other that vapid, superficial projectors.
>>
File: IMG_4550.jpg (31KB, 245x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4550.jpg
31KB, 245x368px
>>73769371
How do people like you rationalize that you're just a blatant puppet for corporate greed and that 90% of intellectuals and worthy artists are Marxist critical theorists and postmodernists?
>>
>>73767882
Bullshit
Even when the music was new I was able to enjoy 00's music way more than current stuff
After 2012, music has just fallen apart
>>
>>73770037
>Marxist
>Posts Pynchon
How's your first week on /lit/ you disgusting pseud
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.