[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

damn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Piero.jpg (7KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
Piero.jpg
7KB, 209x204px
Mark Kozelek shares a problem with many other US-based singer-songwriters: that they feel so out of touch with their age (both in terms of musical style and of lyrical content). These songs feel terribly provincial, almost as if he lived insulated from the Arab Spring, Islamic terrorism, China's economic boom and Silicon Valley. These are songs that don't resonate with anybody on the planet, except the few who know Kozelek particularly well. This is the album of an aging man with little or no interest and little or no contact with the world, who basically fantasizes about another world that doesn't exist anymore, but that paradoxically constitutes his lived life. One wonders whether Kozelek knows what a smartphone is, where Beijing is or who Putin is. They may surface in his songs when a metal-recycling neighbor picks up an iPhone from a garbage can or when a girlfriend uses a newspaper to wrap up a birthday gift.
>>
he's right, as much as I hate to admit it
>>
>>73758230
>>73758366
I don't understand why this is a bad thing. Scaruffi creates a false dichotomy where relevant = good and irrelevant or personal or abstract = bad. For someone as supposedly logical as himself that's an idiot move. On the level of pitchfork, actually. Kozelek is an incredibly smart guy. His art is high quality.
>>
>>73758560
>Kozelek is an incredibly smart guy. His art is high quality.
scarrufles knows this. he gave down colorful hill a 9
>>
>>73758560
>Velveeta cheese and wonder bread and chocolate milk and salisbury steak and tv dinner

>And North Carolina, let me tell you something
>I reiterate, you take the cake
>For the most beautiful of all hillbilly states
>But you won't let a transgender use a bathroom of their choice?
>What kind of bullshit is that, you good old hillbilly boys
>Gonna play a show in Chapel Hill next year, you'll see
>And all transgenders are invited, I'm gonna let them get in for free
>And they can use the men's bathroom in the venue if they used to be a girl
>And they can use the women's bathroom in the venue if they used to be a boy
>What the fuck is it to you
>They're worthy of dignity and respect and use of any goddamn toilet

>high quality art
>>
Yeah, he also rags on Dylan's newest albums for not being trendy and modern. Should Bob replace his harmonica with a sampler?
>>
>>73758661
what's wrong with those lyrics other than you seemingly not liking trans people
>>
>>73758366
Scaruffi is so insulated himself that he thought that people using picket signs was evidence that they didn't know how to use cell phones or apps, because picket signs are very simple technology.

He also, embarrassingly, failed to realize that the anonymous sources of the NYT and WaPo do not actually exist with regards to the Trump/Russia investigation. He also thinks being under oath makes one impervious to lying.

He also speculated that the white working class only voted Trump in as protection because they are losers who decided not to go to college and don't know how to use computers. Meanwhile, the median income of Trump supporters is about $70,000; and he would never make such a mean-spirited claim about low-rent blacks and hispanics who overwhelmingly vote for Hillary and the democrats (who offer these demographics free stuff as well as occasional speech and behavior protections). Would Scaruffi chastise, say, blacks for "just deciding not to go to college" because they are poorer than whites? No, obviously not. He would repeat the lines about systemic racism.

He (rightly) criticizes Kurzweil's singularity concept as being overblown and stupid, and yet publishes a patently silly article on overemployment.

At least his taste in music and movies is more interesting than normal.
>>
File: IMG_4536.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4536.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>73758884
>>
wtf I hate scarffi now
>>
>>73758735
yeah he should, dylan should leave his 50-year old comfort zone.
>>
>>73758230
>These songs feel terribly provincial, almost as if he lived insulated from the Arab Spring, Islamic terrorism, China's economic boom and Silicon Valley.

What on earth does any of this have to do with acoustic rock? Are song supposed to be about arab politics and chinese economics? I don't get the argument.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.