[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does he listen to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Efrim-Menuck.jpg (276KB, 1499x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Efrim-Menuck.jpg
276KB, 1499x1000px
What does he listen to?
>>
good post rock. so not GY!BE
>>
>>73756991
smz then?
>>
>>73756991
what's a good post-rock then that's not gybe or single albums from first wave?
>>
>>73757022
Grails, Do Make Say Think
Also Subtle if you want to totally stretch the term "post rock" to it's final.
>>
>>73757068
You didn't make much of an effort anon. DMST are great, as for Grails I've only heard Burning Off Impurities so I'll guess I have to give a shot to the rest of their discography but neither of them are better than GYBE.
>>
>>73756968
The sound of western civilization collapsing
>>
Probably classical and ambient judging from the music his bands make.
>>
field recordings of people not sleeping on beaches anymore
>>
>>73756968
capital steez
>>
>>73757022
balmorea
deadhorse
>>
>>73757166
You mean Balmorhea right? As for the Deadhorse I can't find it (unless for some reason you meant a trash metal band)
>>
>>73757128
>neither of them are better than GYBE.
of course they're not. gybe is one of a kind and that's the reason why they are so famous. but the bands I've mentioned have their own visions of what "post rock" means to them and that is what is important about a genre like that.
also listen to Grails' Redlight. I love their use of the quiet-loud dynamic on that record. It also has some of the best melodies
>>
>>73756968
a lot of old blues. he said that in an interview
>>
OY VEY
>>
>>73756991
damn...
>>
>>73757430
On his blog he also posted a lot of punk rock, so that too.
>>
>>73757143
this
>>73757155
kek
>>
>>73758760

I remember reading some interview where he said that Husker Du's Zen Arcade changed his life, so put Husker Du in with that
>>
burning flames.
GET IT?!
>>
File: 1484406300907.jpg (31KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
1484406300907.jpg
31KB, 300x275px
>>73758897
hilarious
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.