[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listened to pic related for the first time yesterday. I loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg (7KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Swans_To_Be_Kind.jpg
7KB, 316x316px
Listened to pic related for the first time yesterday.
I loved it, but am I just too much of a pleb to be bothered by the length of the album?
2 hours is a pretty big time commitment.
What is your opinion on the length of this album or 2+ hour albums in general?
>>
>>73755122
i also have a hard time finding time to play his stuff.
>>
>>73755122
I would say it is a little bothersome at times, but incredibly worth it
>>
>>73755122
I don't enjoy 2+ hour albums unless it's a very, very specific example where it happens to come from one of my favorite bands. I'll take 40 minute albums 9 times out of 10
>>
>>73755122
>>73755159
>>73755201
>>73755271
>listening to albums completely
What is wrong with you guys? I just listen to the best songs, which tends to be songs that can stand on their own like singles.
>>
>>73755122
I played it once, i went trough the first 3 tracks and then realized how much there was left and left skipped it
>>
i actually really prefer longer albums to shorter ones, i find that shorter albums feel somewhat underwhelming a lot of the time, as by the time i fully get into them, they're already over.

only way i can listen to autechre's elseq 1-5 is all the way through in one sitting, and that shit's like 4 hours
>>
>>73755334
But what do you do in the meantime? Do you just sit while you listen to the music?
>>
>>73755351
grimes post on /mu/ 4 hours straight.
>>
>>73755351
if i have any work that needs to be done, i do that, otherwise, yeah i pretty much just sit back and listen
>>
>>73755320
Gtfo
>>
>>73755351
Good question. Sometimes I just play a game that doesnt require that much attention, like minecraft. Or shitpost on /mu/.

Now I am in search of a game that entertains me but does not distract me from listening to music. I've gotten tired of Minecraft, anny reccs anons?
>>
>>73755381
dwarf fortress
>>
>>73755381
Factorio, it's what I normally play between bouts of shitposting
>>
>>73755122
For some albums it's hard for me to endure them for 2 hours, yes. But as for this one that is not a problem at all since Swans (and some other post-rock bands) simply capture me inside of their mantra with pretty big build-ups to culminations on songs which then keeps me interested and inside of that bubble, of that atmosphere of a song. Some long albums are a bore, but Swans' albums not at all, I particularly like listening to TBK in one sitting. Instead of listening to 3 different albums in a row, I sometimes just listen to this one.
>>
>>73755394
Minecraft to Df is a heck of a jump

Also Df masterworks is where it's at.
>>
>>73755351
Dead Cells or Binding of Issac
>>
>>73755381
This >>73755628
>>
>>73755320
Just fucking leave...
>>
>>73755320
get off my board
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.