[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it really sound better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: vinyl.jpg (123KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.jpg
123KB, 1200x800px
Does it really sound better?
>>
no, but you can't roll a blunt on an mp3 file
>>
With the proper equipment, absolutely. It's not even a debate.
>>
Better is subjective. It definitely sounds different. Some people prefer the analog sound. Some people prefer the digital sound.
>>
it sounds so gritty and more "real" man

*hits doobie*
>>
>>73751450
the potential to sound better...if it had digitall masters & brickwalled dynamics, you got hosed
>>
>>73751450
digital is objectively superior in terms of accurate sound-reproduction but often times vinyl releases are mastered much better than their digital counterparts for whatever reason.
>>
The only people who would argue that digital is superior are people who have never experienced vinyl through an expensive high quality setup.
>>
Honestly, cassette can sound better than digital with the right equipment.
>>
>>73751528
/thread

this guys knows what's up.
>>
>>73751450
No.
People just refuse to get with the times when things are improved upon and automatically think older = better.
>>
>>73751450
In the vast majority of cases, no, but collecting my favourite albums on vinyl seems to appease some autistic part of me
>>
>>73751450
It has the potential to, but you need a ridiculously expensive setup just to reach the same quality level of a good CD player with digital output.

More important than CD or Vinyl is the quality of the recording and the mastering. To take an extreme example, Metallica's Death Magnetic will sound like absolute garbage no matter the medium. Still, I find most of the time I prefer CD or SACD to vinyl just due to the popping and background noise that vinyl is so susceptible to.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.