[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Mac? Ive really been grooving to his songs lately,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: a2357484675_10.jpg (69KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
a2357484675_10.jpg
69KB, 800x800px
Thoughts on Mac? Ive really been grooving to his songs lately, its really chill. Was pleasantly suprised he was a solo artist. Pic related and This Old Dog have been great listens.
>>
he's a pretty good guitarist but his writing gets pretty boring after the first listen. his whole discography has been in a decline starting at rock and roll night club with the exception of "some other ones" which breaks up his done to death formula of pop songs about love and break ups. his strengths can't make up for how bland his newer sounds.
>>
>>73750023
his strengths can't make up for how bland his newer stuff sounds*
>>
>>73750023
exactly my thoughts. his production can be really good, but the lyrics can be really bland. i mostly use his music for sleep which works wonders imo
>>
>>73749953
go back reddit
>>
>>73750058
he's honestly harmless and i feel bad for all the hatred he gets from the contrarians that know he's nothing special but can't express it correctly but he does have the quirky "indie" college student crowd that also ruins his image
>>
>>73749953
I only like a couple of his songs. He is really boring after a quick listen. Good background music though.
>>
>>73750104
Honestly it sucks man. People take his stuff too seriously, just like most other things. He's always been attached to the "slacker rock" style
>>
I really can't stand him.
>>
Fuck off summerfag.
>>
>>73749953
he's popular now so most people on /mu/ hate him

I still love his stuff
>>
>>73750348
mac is frequently mentioned on mu during the fall and winter months, fyi, and has been for years.

saw him live once and it was fairly disappointing tho
>>
Just checked him out since I keep hearing his name.
What a fucking load of shite.
>>
>>73751362
When did you see him? I've seen him a few times and thought he put on a good show. They bring a lot more energy to the songs live. A lot of songs that were boring on the albums sounded better live.
>>
>>73749953
He's a good songwriter who even admitted is more famous than he deserves
>>
I like his music a lot. Seems like a very chill dude based on the interviews I've seen. He and his band are amazing live. Saw them earlier this year and they absolutely murdered. Mac crowd surfed out to the left side balcony, got up in it, hugged some dude and drank someones beer, then crowd surfed to the right side balcony, got up in it, kissed someone, then surfed back to the stage. I got to hold him for a bit while he surfed about.

Banter was 9.55/10
Music was 9.95/10
>>
>>73749953
Another One is his best release BY A MILE

This Old Dog is pretty good nice change up of sound with warmer acoustic sounds very good summer listen but theres a bit of fat to trim on the album.

I used to be one of those elitist gimps that hated Mac cause I heard Salad Days and hated the song and thought all is other songs were gay + I live in Melbourne so all the obnoxious gimps like Maccy and I'm at Swinburne so its impossible to escape some of the poof shit with Mac but he's pretty solid at what he's doing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.