[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joy Divion or New Order?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4202.jpg (89KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4202.jpg
89KB, 960x540px
Which one you prefer or which one you think is better and more influencial?
>>
new order

apart from t-shirts, which is joy division
>>
>>73737885
Jolly dance band vs post punk. You tell me.
>>
>>73737885
>Better
New Order
>More influential
Joy Division
>>
Better: New Order up to 1989
More influential: Joy Division
>>
>>73737885
new order were better and wayyyyyy more influential.
>>
people forget how absolutely massive blue monday was
>>
>>73737885
joy division is awful.
>>
>>73737950
Because it's not one of their best songs. It's like How Soon Is Now: enormously popular but sounds very different from the rest of their work.
>>
>>73737963
right, good point
>>
Joy division is vastly superior to new order but I don't think it's true essence has been influential at all. You've got trash abominations like interpol that missed the purpose of joy division entirely whilst new orders simplistic shtick proved much easier to copy.
>>
new order for sure
>>
new order lyrics bad
>>
>>73737885
Better singles: New Order
Better albums: Joy Division
>>
>>73737996
interpol were influenced by the sound and chameleons you idiot.
>>
>>73737996
not to worry, you've always got U2

>U2 frontman Bono contacted UK band Joy Division after their singer died to tell them U2 would take their place.
>Speaking to Phantom 105.2, the band's bassist Peter Hook said that after Ian Curtis died in 1980 the U2 frontman rang Factory Records boss Tony Wilson to tell him U2 would pick up where the Manchester legends left off.
>Peter Hook says he couldn't believe that Bono made the call.
"I thought it was a story, but it was actually true, so Tony told me. In many ways, U2 nodded a lot to the influence of Joy Division," he said.
>>
>>73738027
>t. hasn't heard Technique
>>
File: i876trd.jpg (73KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
i876trd.jpg
73KB, 500x310px
>>73737885
i like both i guess i prefer new order since they have more discography. personally i think joy division was better or had more potential. in the indie sense joy division in commercial mainstream music new order.
>>
>>73738039
Fuck U2.
>>
Imo Joy Division is far superior. Listen to a record like Closer, the songs on there are like nothing I've heard since whereas there are a lot of bands that have a similar to New Order.

I do recognize that this proves that New Order is influential, but I also believe that this synth pop hype was inevitable and that another band would have carried the sound if New Order would have failed. Joy Division's style, the way they combined poetry and lyrics with haunting instrumentals, however, is something that stands alone and would not have happened if it weren't for Joy Division
>>
joy division
joy division
>>
>>73738028
Are you certain about that?
I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were heavily influenced by joy division although i couldn't hear any of it in their music.
Makes sense why their music is so poppy then.
>>73738089
You just have to realise that we share this board with hip hop, grimes and kpop posters.
But I don't think anybody is crediting new order for synth pop. What about artists like gary numan? I'd imagine he had far more mainstream appeal than new order.
>>
>>73738127
gary numan was a bit of a latecomer himself tbqh
>>
Joy division is literally the pop version of throbbing gristle but with terrible musicians. the only redeeming thing is Martin Hannett carrying them with his odd production techniques.
trash
>>
>>73738211
But those same musicians then formed New Order
>>
>>73738211
imo to modern listeners, throbbing gristles best albums are far more poppy than joy division is.
And I don't really see where the comparison holds since they have completely different sounds. Perhaps give a listen to Les bains douches to get a clearer understanding of what joy division is about?
>>
>>73737950
Absolutely massive is an understatement, it was the highest selling 12inch vinyl record of all time if I recall correctly
>>
>>73738211
>Joy division is literally the pop version of throbbing gristle but with terrible musicians
huh?
>>
File: spiritualized_huh.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
spiritualized_huh.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>73738211
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.