[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who like hip hop, electronic music, basically anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 7

People who like hip hop, electronic music, basically anything besides rock, why do you? I genuinely don't understand.
>>
Low-effort bait
>>
i used to be like you, banging sluts and listening to van halen and led zep. until one day i got a bad needle, and now spend my days planning ways to infect young men while blasting grime sets
>>
>>73737408
Not b8 m8
>>
Every single thing rock music provides, other genres provides.

Is your obsession purely a guitar fetish?
>>
I scroll through this board often. See people debate what makes a good rapper. Talk about different electronic scenes and how they originated or evolved. I'd have no idea where I could learn that. It makes me wonder what these people would be able to tell me about rock music. It's really disheartening to think of people who don't see rock music as the lifeblood of human society. So here I am because I don't understand.
>>
>>73737448
But other genres don't provide being rock music. They don't provide being the most exciting and important thing in the world. They can only ever seem inferior.
>>
>>73737449
> It's really disheartening to think of people who don't see rock music as the lifeblood of human society.
no its not
a folk musician won the nobel literature prize
folk > rock
>>
>>73737458
>dylan
>not rock
>>
>>73737458
As if a Nobel prize is important. Wanna know if something is important, ask yourself what it has to do with rock music.
>>
I kind of understand what you mean. In highschool the only thing I listened to was metal until I grew up and realized one of the main reason I didn't explore other genres was because of peer pressure. It's understandable since we stereotype people listening to other genres. I didn't listen to rap because I hated the fans macho attitude, I didn't listen to pop because I thought it was queer, etc. But comes a time where you're mature enough to listen to music for what it is and you don't necessarily feel compelled to follow the culture associated with it. This is very freeing.
>>
>>73737464
hes not rock
>>73737467
nobel prize is the highest achievement for humans.
rock was made for flyover state janitors with no future. nobody worth anything of life cares about it unless they wanna fuck around with cocaine

folk, classical, jazz > rock
>>
>>73737449
>It's really disheartening to think of people who don't see rock music as the lifeblood of human society
>rock music
>lifeblood of human society

Are you serious? Rock? A genre that exists for just 50 years or so and is already dying is the "lifeblood of human society"?
Hope this is bait.
>>
>>73737487
I've said my piece. I can sleep at night because I devote my life to serving rock music. As said, it's indisputably the most exciting and important thing in the world. You are going to struggle because you disrespect rock music. How are you going to justify your own existence now?
>>
>>73737518
>How are you going to justify your own existence now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs
>>
>>73737518
Justify to whom?
>>
>>73737513
You say dying and that's actually progress. Can you tell me where your misinformed opinion comes from? You maybe even sound disinterested in rock music. Can you try to justify that?
>>
>>73737399
>save this little post somewhere in your computer
>forget about it
>find it casually after 10 years from now
>realize how stupid and cringy you were, either for legit idiocy or low quality bait
>???
>profit
>>
>>73737535
Yourself
>>
>>73737546
Why would my opinion be different in 10 years if people never explain anything to me and I'm already right about everything?
>>
>>73737536
Rock is not the lifeblood of human society, nor is it rap or whatever.
You can't pick one genre and say it's the staple of humans themselves holy fuck.
>>
>>73737567
Sounds like you don't rock. It reminds me of this one time I was stoned off my ass and I couldn't stop thinking about what it means 'to rock' and realized it's the highest compliment we can give each other. People don't normally speak in those terms but they should. "I want you to meet my friend" "Does she rock?"
>>
ok wait this thread is hilarious
>>
>>73737603
damn
>>
>>73737561
It's obvious from how you talk that you are not going to even consider changing your mind, nobody will waste time on an explanation that will not be useful and that you don't even deserve. You can oppose to explanations but not to time, so gl and hf with dealing with the memories of how you used to be
>>
>>73737399
Pure autism to listen to only one genre. It's like hearing someone claim that westerns are the worthwhile movies or "I play open-world games only"
>>
>>73738142
I don't listen to one genre only. Rock music encompasses many genres. But all those genres are better than anything outside of it. The things outside of rock music clearly don't matter. More personality than a beige wet dish rag isn't too much to ask for, is it?
>>
>>73737399
imagine being this set in your ways, yikes.
>>
>>73738436
Americans.
>>
>>73738177
I literally cannot tell whether you are a middle-aged dad or a low-effort shitpost baiter.
>>
Electronic music is better than rock in every way.
>>
>>73738788
He's not with us.
>>
>>73738788
I'm 21. I just have functioning ears and superior taste to most.
>>
>>73738804
Can you try to explain that to me? Try to sell me on electronic music. Try to frame electronic music in any context that it would even be capable of keeping my interest.
>>
>>73739007
Oh,so you're a shitty baiter.
>>
>>73739033
Nah, m8.
>>
>>73739032
If you think that a genre that only had a 50 year lifespan and is mostly consisted of similary structured 3-4 chord songs is the superior form of music than I don't see why I should. I really sometimes wish that electronic music took the mainstream rather than rock considering even the still-developing stuff that came out in the 20's to 40's is better than most of all rock music. Rock has nowhere to go,the most intresting thing it did was it incorporating electronic elements.
>>
Different people like different things, sendpie.
>>
>>73739032
No, because you've already decided that it's inferior to rock. You can't appriciate it because you won't let yourself, or else you wouldn't be making this thread.
>>
If OP does actually care, here's some rad breakcore.
https://youtu.be/Lewa13i0TC8
>>
>>73739134
How could I listen to an electronic song and not wonder where it's going til it ends without going anywhere? Without thinking about what I'm gonna have for lunch today? Without being shocked at the chasm that exists where a song would usually be capable of making me feel something? It shouldn't be a hard question to answer. What part should I enjoy? What part should I be looking for? Looking forward to?
>>
>>73739233
How could you listen to a rock song and not wonder where it's going til it ends without going anywhere? Without thinking about what you're gonna have for lunch today? Without being shocked at the chasm that exists where a song would usually be capable of making you feel something? It shouldn't be a hard question to answer. What part would you enjoy? What part would you be looking for? Looking forward to?
>>
>>73739233
https://youtu.be/1Zz4WgGJ69k
Listen to electronic music that isn't drivel.
>>
>>73739123
>similary structured 3-4 chord songs
Are you talking about electronic music here?
>>
>>73737399
You should consider suicide.
>>
>>73739126
I was thinking about this the other day. I was listening to pop music playlists on Spotify just trying to keep aware of things. I thought about how I had artists I could sell them on who I know are capable of provoking passion in people, but they would be seen as a hard sell. Maybe it's how the kids of world class chefs or maybe even people outside the us feel about McDonald's. You could make the argument that by xyz standards it's objectively better, or you could make the argument that if you're raised on crap you'd never learn to appreciate anything else. And I'd just turn around and say "yeah but McDonald's makes me happy." This makes even less sense. How does this make you happy?
>>
>>73737399
I like bass and not a fan of certain instruments..
>>
>>73739700
If you were talking about someone liking shitty mainstream EDM, then your McDonald's analogy would actually work.
>>
>>73737399
Could you please post your top 10 and do you know music theory by any chance?
>>
not all rock music is boring 3 chord shit and not all electronic is brainless EDM shit

respect each other at least, stop using these lame ass guilt-by-association arguments
>>
>>73739007
*functioning autism
>>
>>73737399
Rap-focused hip hop emphasizes vocals that are used rhythmically rather than melodically, where the shape and structure of words inform the composition instead of chosen notes that are generally unrelated to the words.

While other genres may make use of these same techniques, it isn't with the same focus on wordplay, rhyme, alliteration, rhythm, etc. that make rapping what it is. The phonetic quality of words tend to be a lot more important in hip hop as a result, and artists are usually praised for their mastery in utilizing those qualities as well as the semantic qualities that are the basis of word play.

If that sounds uninteresting to you, you probably won't like a lot of hip hop.

Hip hop without rapping is just background noise, and edm is that for white people who are afraid of black people and music with a pulse or any sense of swing.
>>
>>73741187
>Hip hop without rapping is just background noise
u lost me there bud
>>
>>73737535
>>73737533
>taking bait this obvious
you guys should be ashamed
>>
>>73737399
>basically anything besides rock
rock is fedora/autism tier
>>
File: Effects_of_poptimism.jpg (193KB, 890x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Effects_of_poptimism.jpg
193KB, 890x1110px
Wow sure are some deep thinkers ITT
>>
>>73737449
Rock was on a decline and pretty much died with OK Computer in 1997
>>
>>73741748
Not really. That's the point when it was really rejuvenated
>>
>>73741845
How? It went in a wildly different direction and anything after that just sounds repetitive or derivative.
>>
>>73742563
>wildly different direction
Which is why is was rejuvenated
>sounds repetitive or derivative
How does Kid A or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or Embryonic sound repetitive?
>>
>>73742727
>Kid A
>rock
>>
>>73742776
>Rock is dead!
>no, here's some examples of rock bands who pushed the genre
>w-well t-that's not rock!!
??
>>
>>73737434
>They don't provide being the most exciting and important thing in the world. They can only ever seem inferior.
>Not b8 m8
Just stop replying people.
>>
>>73742960
>Every single thing rock music provides, other genres provides.
gr8 b8
>>
>>73739330
>IDM, Drum and Bass ,Breakbeat, Breakcore
>Not drivel
>>
shit tier bait op
>>
>>73742998
Yeah, they do. What of it?
>>
>>73743431
How does electronic music replace prog or punk?
>>
>>73737603
To Rock means to fuck, learn your own history ya dip
>>
I like bleeps and bloops.
>>
File: 1498604747700.jpg (225KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1498604747700.jpg
225KB, 640x621px
Sometimes I feel like I came into music very differently than most people my age. I barely even knew what Soundcloud was until like 2012; is that totally unusual?

I also don't understand why people feel so protective of electronic and hip-hop, like something is at stake if you don't defend the music's honor.
>>
>>73743042
name some good electronic music then
>>
I honestly don't know. As a teenager, I grew away from metal and gravitated to hip hop, punk, nu metal and ska.
>>
>>73742879
Kid A can in no way be classified as rock. It is one of my favorite albums, but your argument is stupid. They branched out of rock and went into other genres completely after OKC. Kid A and Amnesiac are the best examples of that. They did come back to conventional rock tracks on HTTT and IR but it was under a heavy influence of other genres.
>>
>>73737399
>73 replies
jfc
>>
File: 1497067309022.jpg (26KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497067309022.jpg
26KB, 360x360px
>>73742727
Kid A rock
>>
>>73743980
Because they want to defend the things they enjoy, as rockists do, as does any fan of anything when someone shits on it.
>>
>>73745025
You're all kids on 4chan, IDGAF what you think
>>
>>73737399
Im gonna be serious here instead of the others just bein asshats.

I for one literally love all genres of music but HipHop is my favorite by far.
I think I like it more than rock or whatever you may compare it to is because of the simplicity of it. I like the simple boom bap, basic kick and drum with some little melody and some simple spoken word, I like the poetry. I think PERSONALLY!!! Rap is more poetic than any other genre just because you cant really be straight forward when "rapping". Look at MF DOOM, Earl Sweatshirt, Death Grips, or whatever abstract artists. There is a lot of word play involved in rapping, metaphors, punchlines, matching syllabus to the beat, or other rhymes, near rhymes. Theres a lot of things you can pick apart imo from just the words.
Im not saying any other genre can be like that but Im just saying rapping in itself is straight wordplay and just weird shit if you want it, or hella metaphors whatever. Theres just more juice there for the most part to really enjoy.
Electronic music idrk since I dont listen to much of it other than like house, maybe some trap music etc.
I like simple beats, but a lot of words..
If that makes any sense????????
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-07-04 16.42.09.png (121KB, 285x441px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-07-04 16.42.09.png
121KB, 285x441px
>>73744935
>>73744965
>Kid A can in no way be classified as rock

You are not smart
>>
>>73745083
That response is kinda childish don't ya think?
>>
>>73745285
Radiohead post-OK Computer are indietronica.
>>
>>73745318
I don't think you even know what you are talking about
>>
>>73745025
I didn't get really into any band until I got to Pink Floyd, in like 7th grade, along with stuff like The Residents and Brian Wilson. I also got to hip-hop around this time, but it just didn't click the same way.

So what makes the difference?
>>
>>73745318
i didn't know parlophone was an independent label
>>
>>73745780
>in like 7th grade, along with stuff like The Residents and Brian Wilson
wtf is up with millennials holy fuck
>>
>>73745919
Not that anon, but I got into /mu/core when I was young thanks to my parents.
>>
it's beyond what a human could actually do manually, there are sounds being made that no human before could have heard.
>>
>>73737399
Better production imo.
>>
File: 149059199778.jpg (30KB, 720x729px) Image search: [Google]
149059199778.jpg
30KB, 720x729px
>>73737484
stereotypes exists for some reason, anon
>>73737649
>pay attention to say you're not gonna pay attention
Savage
>I really sometimes wish that electronic music took the mainstream
You fucking serious right now? electronic music IS the entire mainstream music industry. Dude, wtf?
>>73739320
You can't, and the problem's the music for being lame and bad. I see you're point, but bleepfags, dadrock and metalheads,anyone can be a douche. You're are being one now. If electronic music is so fucking great, then please, tell why, or what? you can think without FL or something? Fuck off.
>>73739700
Simple, business men's studies search for what's make people happy and sell it. Latino for poors, generic rock for elitist rich hipsters, rap for social conscience negros, EDM and electronic for teenagers with dad's money to spend in parties. I mean, you can be commercial with any genre, you only need the public.
>>73745105
this
thank you, the only bleepfag who could respond the fucking question without beeing a piece of shit
>>
>>73745919
The Residents, Daniel Johnston, Skip Spence, and Jandek can all be found on the same Wikipedia page.
>>
>>73737399
What I want to know is why when people say rock is dead, they say hip hop is moving forward. They're both shit in 2017
>>
>>73745999
What, Outsider Music?
>>
>>73746005
Demographic replacement.
>>
>>73746005
Rock is shit in 2017. Wtf are you listening to? M8 check yourself in. I'm also drunk rn btw and currently at a family BBQ.
>>
>>73737457
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLeeE-DTN9w
>>
>>73737399
Rock is great, but I love the sound of synths and a good bassline.

That's why I mostly listen to Electro-Industrial - it brings the best of electronic and rock music.
>>
I just don't get white people who listen to rap, how can you identify with it?

I tried listening to it but it just seems you need to be black, that's what it feels like.
>>
I feel like any genre has something objectively enjoyable if you go deep enough into it. After this, music tastes determine the utility from the tradeoff between time taken to appreciate a style of music and satisfaction derived.

Id probably enjoy hip hop if i forced myself to listen to it for a year on end but that is simply unfeasible!
>>
>Implying music is objective
OP, I genuinely don't understand why you haven't offed yourself yet.
>>
>>73747682
I symphatise with Op though. He must subjectively enjoy rock so much that he genuinely feels this way.
>>
>>73746926
Why do you think RapGenius did so well?
>>
>>73746153
This is a great indicator of how the most subtle quirks can result in radically different tastes between individuals.

Synth and bass are my two most favourite things in music yet ive gravitated towards jazz fusion/ jazz rock instead. Electro industrial would be too beat heavy and relatively harsh/unmelodic to my tastes. In fact i wouldnt immediately associate bass+synth lovers with the genre.

Point for the Op is, there is nothing to understand about why tastes are different. They just are.
>>
Because genres sometimes have things that you couldn't have in others and that's why they exist. They involve different kind of approach to composition and I personally find that interesting.
>>
>>73737399
people who like only one genre of music are objectively short sighted and stupid
>>
Electronic music has feelings that feel transcendent to ones that I get from rock music.
>>
>>73748161
I've already said that rock music encompasses many different genres. If I said Rancid and Foo Fighters were the same genre you'd think I was a retard.
>>
>>73748207
I've yet to find electronic music capable of provoking any emotions. Please feel free to provide me examples to the contrary.
>>
>>73748393
>please spoon feed me
Maybe you should fuck off of this board instead of making those with a positive IQ suffer thanks to your baseless and worthless text that somehow should be taken note of just because it's "your opinion".
>>
>>73748393
I find Tangerine Dream quite provocative, however; the only thing that gives me euphoria is prog rock so you cant really take my word for it.
>>
>>73737399
What are you even asking? I was really into rock as a kid, but I hardly listen to it now. I'm much more into pop and hip-hop, don't know why.
>>
>>73748524
My opinion is valuable because it's mine.
>>
>>73737399
Electronic music is fun to listen to
>>
>>73749619
Yeah, if it's crossed over enough with rock music, the only good genre of music.
>>
because of the buzzkill elitist mindset you dadrocker/ rock fan faggots have op now put yer balls to the wall boi

now you play something hard real soon.
i wanna rock! good day sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IapsSBb33I
>>
>>73737428
bug chasers man you people need help to be honest, not trying to be rude but still.
>>
>>73749658
I like Magic Sword's Legend EP because it has a nice rock and synth balance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRvI13rx-e8

Master Boot Record/Victor Love has some fun synthmetal/industrial stuff out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcXDpnMkw_s

Dance with the Dead's B-Sides album is fun, but I wish there was some more synth influence in some of the tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4E4kjQIw6M

I like a lot of electronic music, but I really like Danger's stuff now. His newest album is really nice to listen to. I think it's pretty fun because you can tell he's influenced by a lot of other electronic genres in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpwer4u6e1c

What rock music do you like anon?
>>
>>73741712
Beyonce is objectively better and more sophisticated than Radiohead.
>>
>>73750007
>music
>objective

wow it must be hard being that fucking retarded
>>
>>73744948
>makes it 74
If you're gonna whine about people taking the bait, don't take the bait
>>
>>73737487

Saying Dylan isn't Rock means you haven't heard the entirety of his discography.

Educate yourself, Redditor.
>>
>>73737487
>noble prize is the highest achievement for humans
This is bait. No one is actually this retarded.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.