[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mac Demarco - Old Dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1200x630bb.jpg (158KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bb.jpg
158KB, 630x630px
What went wrong?
>>
>>73734730

too much acoustic guitar.
>>
>>73734742
this. and apart from the keyboards the production/textures sound too cold and sterile. they were more shimmery and varied on salad days.
>>
>>73734730
nothing. it's a solid album
>>
>tfw listened to one more love song way too many times after getting rejected by a friend I fell for in a super embarrassing way and now I can't listen to this album anymore without cringing

I fucked up
>>
>>73734730
he got fixated on his persona of being a baby boy
>>
Should have made it an EP, way to much filler. But it also has some of his best songs, specifically This Old Dog, One More Love Song, and Moonlight on the River. Mac still hasn't released a "classic" or anything that sticks out, but I really think he will be able to sometime soon.
>>
>>73734730
Shill meme garbage

Fuck this shit and the entire degenerate fanbase
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 218x232px
>everybody dies
>>
its a good album
>>
>>73734759
you bitch, you really fucked up.
>>
one of his best. lots of focus on this album. I think many were turned off by his choice of direction musically but he puts it together just like on any other album. It's simply more serious and less playful in mood.
>>
I think his next album should be more like Rock and Roll Night Club and Makeout Videotape's Ying Yang.
>>
>>73734730
nothing went wrong at all. run out of things to complain about?
>>
File: Snoopingasusualisee.png (180KB, 303x302px) Image search: [Google]
Snoopingasusualisee.png
180KB, 303x302px
>>73734730
It all boils down to the reactionary chord progression, most of the songs start at III then wind up on VI as if its the only way he knows how to write songs, just look at the Wolf Who Wears Sheep's Clothes which starts on the plebiscite 4/4 time signature and plays on a III then looping into a IV-V# chord progression and finally bestowing upon itself a V-, the over chormatisisms on this album hold it back from being a veritable piece of art and one that lacks the usual progressive spirit of a Mac DeMarco album especially since he's signed to a major label. It goes without saying that the lyricism is essentially him painting himself into a corner of bitterness and misogyny as can be evidenced by Still Beating, a track detailing his love for the belt in smacking his ex perpetually, yikes!
>>
this is the album Mac Demarco will get his classic albums episode on
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.