[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

moving to LA soon for school. what am I in for in terms of music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 4893749874.jpg (253KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4893749874.jpg
253KB, 1024x768px
moving to LA soon for school. what am I in for in terms of music?
>>
>>73733597
Red Hot Chili Peppers and gangsta rap
>>
a lot of thirsty amateurs making shitty music
>>
>>73733618
fuck
>>
Every time an artist tours the west coast of the US, they 100% always go to LA. It's one of the best cities in the world to see shows...
>>
Depends. This has been my experience thus far

LA is mostly pop artists/rappers trying to make it on the radio. There's a surf scene out here, shit ton of reverb and delay oriented stuff.

Downtown LA has a ton of pretentious artsy teens throwing shows -- most of the bands that play come off pretentious too.

Orange County has some cool punk shows.

Just recently found a math/shoegaze/emo scene and it's pretty tight.

You'll find a music scene anywhere you go, you just have to sift through the bullshit to find one that fits you.
>>
>>73733597
LA is too hot and full of crazy people, idk why anyone would move there. I mean its fun to visit for a vacation or someshit but to actually live there!? Fuck that.
>>
>>73733597
P S U B
S
U
B
>>
>>73733798
where is the math/emo/shoegaze scene? Been looking around LA for one but cant find one.
>>
>>73733965
LA isn't even that great of a vacation spot. Literally hundreds of better destinations in the state
>>
>>73733597
>going to music school
>not just going to music
it's like you don't want to become successful
>>
>>73734402
See
>>73733983
>>
>>73734402
It's a small scene and it's scattered around LA. They just meet up at random spots and play shows. Check out Hollow Ran, Cotton Ships, Young Lovers, Sea Monkey See, and BISONwar. There used to be a bigger scene, but the main collective fell apart. Cheers man.
>>
>>73733597
Visit the echoplex
>>
>>73733597
Too much shirty rap music
>>
Burger Records bullshit and expensive festival tickets
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.