[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck The Doors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: imageedit_10_7091587632.jpg (163KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
imageedit_10_7091587632.jpg
163KB, 1200x850px
>Have one hit song in 1967
>Following albums create some minor hits but are critically panned
>Become completely irrelevant
>Be considered has-beens by 1970
>Junkie frontman ODs and dies
>Nobody cares
>The 1980s come around and you suddenly start being romanticized as a cultural sensation and frontman becomes sacred Jesus-like figure that died too young like he's on the same level of Jimi Hendrix
>Oliver Stone makes a biopic that further cements this misconception that The Doors were important

Seriously the most overrated band of all time.
>>
FUCK YOU, OP!
>>
>>73728070
OP hit us with the FACTS!
>>
File: 1498944658293.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1498944658293.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>
>>73728070
I completely agree.
>>
>>73728070
Which just goes to show what plebs 60s critics were
>>
>>73728070
>"oh my God he doesn't like The Doors"
>>
The Doors' albums are underrated, Jim Morrison is overrated as a human being though
>>
Wtf I hate the doors now
>>
>>73728315
Truth
Also, the Doors' biggest asset was Manzarek
>>
>>73728070
They took themselves way too seriously, but they had their moments.
>>
HOW MANY OF YOU PEOPLE KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE

HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW YOU'RE REALLY ALIVE
>>
>>73728315
>>73728342
Jim Morrison seems like the worst person you could meet, like someone who would look at a trash can and call it art then launch into a 30 minute discussion on the merits of "opening your mind to new experiences" or some rape-y shit. The Doors however had some good music, a lot of good keys parts a lot of driving bass lines and such.
>>
File: PlGENxj.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PlGENxj.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>73728070

>>73728342
The truth
>>
>All of these plebs ITT

The Doors were great then, and they're still great now.

>>73728479
t. Never watched an interview with Jim
Morrisson was anti-hippie but got lumped in with them and anti everything you're saying
>>
>>73728627
youre right i never did, he just seems like an asshole, especially from all the stories i read, also that whole peace frog lying bullshit
>>
>>73728070
>Following albums are critically panned
u fucking wot mate
>>
>>73728070
try just listening to them instead of practice writing your khan academy lecture
>>
Strange Days is incredible.
>>
>>73728683
cheers for admitting you're a fucking faggot who doesn't know what he's talking about

you can fuck off now
>>
>>73729472
>doesnt know what hes talking about
how is knowing about the life of jim morrison anything to be proud about, this board isnt really supposed to be about celebrity worship is it? I thought this was a discussion about the music of the Doors and not what frontman's dick you want to suck.
>>
>>73728070
Fuck The Doors? FUCK YOU!

The Doors (1967) hits:
>Break on Through (To the Other Side)
>The Crystal Ship
>Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
>Light My Fire
>Back Door Man
>End of the Night
>The End

Strange Days (1967) hits:
>Strange Days
>You're Lost Little Girl
>Love Me Two Times
>Moonlight Drive
>People are Strange
>When the Music's Over

Waiting for the Sun (1968) hits:
>Love Street
>Not to Touch the Earth

The Soft Parade (1969) hits:
>Touch Me
>The Soft Parade

Morrison Hotel (1970) hits:
>

L.A. Woman (1971) hits:
>Love Her Madly
>Riders on the Storm

After that Jim Morrison was gone.
>>
>>73729748
>he thinks the musician and the music are separate

to understand the context of the work further, isn't it vital to understand it's creator/s? suck a dick on your way out cunt
>>
File: 1498869089671.jpg (164KB, 919x857px) Image search: [Google]
1498869089671.jpg
164KB, 919x857px
The killer awoke before dawn
He put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And HE WALKED ON DOWN THE HALL
>>
>>73729838
>understanding the context of a work
>thinking somehow the context the music is in makes it sound better, or more appealing, and not something that helps you understand why it is the way it is
>its good because of the context
idiot.
>>
>>73729912
it can take on new meaning or have deeper meaning if you understand what the song is referring to. Of course you can infer whatever you want and still be happy, but that might not be what the artist intended. But sometimes the artist does leave it up to the listener's imagination.
>>
Of all creative bands in the history of rock music, the Doors may have been the most creative. Their first album contains only masterpieces and remains virtually unmatched. Jim Morrison may well be the single most important rock frontman. He is the one who defined the rock vocalist as an artist, not just a singer. Ray Manzaker's style at the keyboards was at the vanguard of the fusion of classical, jazz, soul and rock music. The virulence of some of their riffs bridged the blues-rock era and the hard-rock era. Whether it was him, Krieger or Manzarek or all of them, their songs have a unique quality that has never been repeated. They are metaphysical while being psychological and while being physical (eroticand violent). They are the closest thing rock music has produced to William Shakespeare.
>>
>>73728070
FAT
>>
>>73728070
Every single song the Doors ever made was awesome, especially on their first 5 albums. You sincerely have shit taste, go back to your /mu/core newage autism for special snowflakes.
>>
>>73730032
I agree with you on that, however at least for me shit does not turn to gold when given context, gold only gets shinier. All of this being said to Im pretty sure I said I enjoy The Doors in my first post.
>>73730058
copypasta bullshit b8
>>
>>73729912
>he thinks a part of him doesn't like the music for because of the image

You're a fucking retard
>>
>>73730058
>>73730075
It's probably not far off. Morrisson is the best rock frontman ever, bar none
>>
They were invited to be one of the main bands at Woodstock and turned it down. They weren't irrelevant.
>>
>>73730102
is this b8 or did you respond to the wrong post?
>>
>>73729863
- Father
- Yes, son?
- I want to kill you
>>
>>73730058
This copypasta is right
>>
>>73730139
It's not bait. Whether you know it or not, and whether you admit it or not, "image" of an artist is probably quite important with regard to how you categorise and analyse said work in your mind.

You cannot be "unbiased", everything has a spin to it. Why the fuck do you think image is so important? Just because you're aware of it, doesn't mean you're not susceptible to it. You are, just like everyone is.

Furthermore, the art and the artist are one. There is no separation. It is all one.

You don't know shit but what you've read on this site and likely in some shit hipster magazine, you insufferable cunt
>>
>>73730146
MOTHER
I WANT TO
>>
>>73730340
>image
>trying to convince me it makes the music sound better
>"You don't know shit but what you've read on this site and likely in some shit hipster magazine, you insufferable cunt"
your autism is showing
>>
>>73730360
>>73730146
>>73729863
Yeah all memes aside...
Imagine it's like 67' or something, and you're in some dimly lit bar watching a band, and all of a sudden some freaky looking guys get on stage, bouncing and prancing around like you've never seen before, and then they start playing that song...

FAR OUT MAAAN, unironically
>>
>>73730360
WOAHOAHOAH YEEEEAAAHHHH... COME ON GIIIIRRRRLLLLL......
>>
>>73730383
t. Low iq pleb can't comprehend my post so he goes back to memes
Fuck off cunt, go listen to shit hop or whatever you're into (most definitely some shit)
>>
>>73729863
>>73730146
Eleven minutes of laments, of mysticism, of collective and rarefied improvisations on resignation. A primordial magma of emotions, of convulsed exorcisms, of confusing plots. Eleven minutes of sulfur and incense: "...this is the end, my only friend, the end...the end of everything that stands..." in a crescendo that grabs and holds. Amidst irregular breathing, slobbered lewd images and blasphemous biblical verses, the ceremony proceeds relentlessly through curses and nightmares. The myth of Oedipus fills every word with horrendous foreboding. The dying soul, lost in a desperate land, staggers without support. The song is insidious and epic at the same time. Morrison's voice is that of the narrator, but also of the protagonist, lacerated by monstrous traumas. The phrasing is the nonsensical sequence of a journey that's lasted too long. The instrumental suspense electrifies every word: "...The killer awoke before dawn. He put his boots on. He took a face from the ancient gallery, and he walked on down the hall. He went into the room where his sister lived, and then he paid a visit to his brother, and then he walked on down the hall. And he came to a door, and he looked inside, "Father?" "Yes son?" "I want to kill you." "Mother, I want to...". Blinding spotlights point to the site of the tragedy. The psychopathic sweetness of the assassin who relives the torpid fairy tales of the subconscious within the skeletal tapestry of the text now adorned with whispers and screams, love and hate, sounds and silence. By assimilating and consuming it all within his delirium he becomes a giant with enormous tentacles that reach beyond "the real", into the "the eternal" populated by "snakes". The doors of perception unlock, and an angelic vampire agonizing on the edge of the abyss with dilated pupils, proclaims, as time and memory march solemnly: "...the end of nights we tried to die...this is the end!".
>>
>>73730392
According to the rest of the band Morrison debuted that part live, the rest of the band had no idea what he was doing
>>
File: 1499027202775.jpg (29KB, 960x956px) Image search: [Google]
1499027202775.jpg
29KB, 960x956px
>>73730420
>>
>>73730404
t. internet tough guy
this is surely some bait i
>>
>>73730462
>tough guy
it's just words you stupid fuck
>>
>>73730360
FUCK YOU ALL NIGHT BABY! C'MON! FUCK FUCK! YEAH! KILL... KILL... KILL...

This fucker cracks me up. He is the predecessor of GG Allin.
>>
Their first album is an undisputed classic. Its probably one of the most suave sounding albums ever, and there's this really beautiful mystique to the writing.

Songs like The End, End of the Night, Crystal Ship, Soul Kitchen, Light My Fire, Back Door Man.

>>73730392
Agreed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yp4WtjyYMI
>>
File: a tad bit stoned.jpg (48KB, 691x680px) Image search: [Google]
a tad bit stoned.jpg
48KB, 691x680px
>>73728070
>>Have one hit song in 1967
>>
>>73728070
>>Have one hit song in 1967

They actually had two number 1 singles, Light My Fire and Hello I Love You.

>>Following albums create some minor hits but are critically panned

The only critically panned album by The Doors was The Soft Parade. All the other ones became critical and commercial successes.
>>
File: 1455935108129.jpg (40KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
1455935108129.jpg
40KB, 218x232px
>>73728070
>"industry" perception
>>
>>73730776
>>73730836
>Having a hit song ever
Plebs

If you have a hit song, it just means you were malleable enough for the dumbest retards to enjoy
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.