[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M B V (the album)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0886.jpg (23KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0886.jpg
23KB, 316x316px
Was this album good? I enjoyed it personally but the vocals were less of an instrument than on Loveless
>>
good but not as good as loveless of course

there was a strong negative reaction from people right after the release but I thought it was unwarranted

i think the issue was that mbv doesn't have oceans of reverb and texture, it's more intimate. so people thought "wow what hacks" when it's just a style change
>>
>>73723033
I feel like if it came out in the 90s people would have liked it more desu
>>
File: Piero Scaruffi.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Piero Scaruffi.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
"There is little to salvage on this collection of derivative songs where trivial ideas get repeated endlessly without coalescing into anything of substance. This is the confused work of musicians with no inspiration who desperately try different styles hoping that at least one will work. Maybe they were not so great after all."
>>
>>73723033
Desu was a typo baka
>>
>>73723090
scaruffi hasn't had a single musical idea in his life
>>
>>73723090
Derivative of what? The genre they defined? The ideas weren't exactly 100% original in the current era we're in due to everyone on the planet having easy access to Loveless, leading every person making shoegaze to make, and attempt to sound like it, so obviously the ideas won't break HIS ground. On top of that, I didn't hear a single bit of "desperation" on there. They made this because they wanted to or felt inspired to, and that seems to be about it. I thought it was a great album, but that's coming from someone who, good or bad, is an actual musician. I usually listen to about 4 albums a day on top of that, but all of that is clearly not good enough for the autistic standard this greasy old pedophile has.
>>
>>73723190
>Derivative of what? The genre they defined?
Exactly. But then again, what do you expect from a contrarian? I've listened to probably more than 30 shoegaze albums and I'm yet to find anything that even comes close to the cohesion and innovation of Loveless. I'm almost convinced such an album doesn't exist.
>>
File: angrysnek.jpg (407KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
angrysnek.jpg
407KB, 2000x1333px
i thought it was brilliant, that final track is something from the future, upon re-listening i did find myself wishing that the rest of the album sounded as wild as Wonder 2. despite that, i do love mbv and i accept that they probably wont ever make music again, and thats ok i guess
>>
>>73723723
Anon if it existed we would fucking know about it by now
>>
>>73723012
Nice, I was just listening to it and thougt to make a thread.

It is not loveless, but is a great album. Don't even try comparing it to previous works. Enjoy it like one of the best album of his genre of the century.
>>
>>73723012
it's was alright
new you is the best track on there
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.