[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Best Bass Scales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Industrial bass guitar.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Industrial bass guitar.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
Name the best scales for bass-lines to be in.
I'll start: Byzantine scale
>>
Pump
>>
Just play E a lot of times.
t. bassist
>>
>>73714840
You sound like a shit bassist.
Do you even understand the concept of playing the root notes of chords?
Are you expecting the guitarists to play E chords a lot of times?
>>
Sump
>>
Cum
>>
Locrian all day, all of the days.
>>
>>73715124
>he plays the root
learn some music theory kid
>>
>>73717273
You don't just play the root, but often you play the fucking root.
>>
>>73713406
>>73717228
>edgy white trash kids detected

>>73717273
yes fucking root players, you never start with the root when soloing. But you have to help out the other dilletant faggots in your demotivated wannabe band sometimes. Don't be too cruel to your friends and play them a root note ffs

>>73713406
Lydian or better at least. I allow mixo#11 to get used, too. But only in dominant situations.
>>
Bebop
>>
>>73717742
>edgy white trash kids detected
We start the best genres started by white people.
>>
Bump. I've been playing for a year and a halfish and I realize I don't really know what I'm doing. I can fiddle around and make things that sound nice I guess, and I know some basic scales and kind of understand arpegios. I can play most things from tab. Where do i go next? Wtf am I doing?
>>
File: JFhorWsA.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
JFhorWsA.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
lol
>>
>>73718212
That's good and ok. Most music even exists purely because its sound gives something to us. All the theory stuff came later.

Next you could, as an idea, collect your favorites. Play very often what you like best and listen to your teacher.
>>
>>73718233
Sweet as, me and a few mates have been trying to make some music together so I guess that's a place to go. It's a pain in the ass to try and coordinate though.
>>
>>73718212
Understand chords and the bass's relation to them.
https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/beginners-guide-to-writing-better-bass-lines--cms-19879

^ read this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.