[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOP STEALING MY MUSIC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: FRIPP.png (137KB, 325x299px) Image search: [Google]
FRIPP.png
137KB, 325x299px
STOP STEALING MY MUSIC
>>
Who the fuck are you ?
>>
*takes your photograph*
*records your concert*
*bootlegs CDs of your live shows*

pssshhhh, nothin personell, Fripp
>>
File: IMG_3613.jpg (80KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3613.jpg
80KB, 250x230px
>>73710318
>>
>>73710285
Who cares, he's not on Spotify.
>>
File: 21ST_CENTURY_SCHIOZID_MAN.jpg (70KB, 325x299px) Image search: [Google]
21ST_CENTURY_SCHIOZID_MAN.jpg
70KB, 325x299px
>>73710318
>>
whats this meme about, is fripp publicly anti-pirating?
>>
File: s9cR9pC.jpg (157KB, 584x1210px) Image search: [Google]
s9cR9pC.jpg
157KB, 584x1210px
>>73710513
>"Lights Please" (in either form) is enough to make me turn off the CD and seriously consider throwing it out of the window. I have no idea why they would put this on a live album, let alone twice. OK, so they don't like people taking photos. That's what security is for, however, and if they have a "No cameras" rule it is fair enough to expect your hired goons to go and remove cameras from people. Stopping a show and turning the lights on the audience for several minute while Robert Fripp plays the insufferable prick is a step over the line - the audience here has paid to see you play, Robert, not act like a spoiled public schoolboy. Putting it on a live album - TWICE - is incomprehensible. Especially considering how embarassed Adrian Belew sounds when he attempts to make polite "gig recovery" by asking people not to take photos once the adorable "intellectual" has finished having a strop.

>Fripp's been doing this forever. I saw him walk off stage in Cleveland when a flash went off; he wouldn't return until the camera had been confiscated (this was before smartphones, maybe 20 years ago). I used to see him whenever he came around, but in the past few years his prima donna attitude has really put me off and I won't be giving him any more of my money.

>I was at the show. He walked off during the encore. They played Court of the Crimson King, and were about to play 21st Century...Some person near the back took a photo with flash, Fripp pointed towards that direction, and another photo was taken, resulting in Fripp leaving the stage.
>RF: I went to the Netherlands to produce Peter Gabriel’s new album. [...] I was alone on stage with the Frippertronics Eno had taught me to use. This had nothing to do with a rock’n’roll concert. We passed around tea and cookies to everyone and we had to confiscate cameras and tape recorders. The event was designed for the present, not for the past. It was one of the best days of my life.
>>
File: frippercakes.jpg (34KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
frippercakes.jpg
34KB, 465x349px
>Wife, me and Bob L., an IT guy here, went to Fripp’s Soundscapes gig at the Horse. Dude takes a pic, Fripp walks off, comes back about a half-hour later (after camera is confiscated?). After the gig, we head to fitzwilly’s for a drink, sure enuf there’s Fripp sitting alone at a table by the front window. Me and Bob L. , knowing Fripp’s proclivities for privacy, encourage Karen (my wife) to approach Fripp and get an autograph. Not surprisingly , Fripp tells Karen she has mistaken him for someone else. She retreats to our spot at the bar, we’re getting a bit inebriated. We know the bartender Joe, he’s our neighbor. We ask if he’s got a camera, he gives us a disposable one. Once outside, buddy Bob turns the camera on Fripp, flash, we run laughing like delinquent schoolboys.

The author of this piece was found dismembered in a cornfield not three days later.
>>
>When the doors finally opened, I was in luck. I managed to secure a front row seat, a mere five feet away from where Mr. Fripp was to be seated. Eventually Mr. Fripp came "on stage" and began his soundscapes performance. Suitably impressed and still pinching myself, unable to believe I was actually there, I decided to do something that changed the course of events that evening. Approximately 2 hours into the performance I decided to do the unthinkable and photograph the performer I had come to see. I will admit, I had noticed a sign that read "Please do not photograph the installation" on the wall but the opportunity was far too great to pass up. If there were one thing that I knew that would make a friend of mine back in Adelaide a very happy man, it would have been to get a great photo of his guitar idol, Mr. Fripp.

>So at the risk of getting a security guard giving me a talking to or a dirty look, I decided to chance it. "FLASH!" Unfortunately my camera had decided not to bother holding back the flash despite my attempts at turning it off. And then it happened. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as Mr. Fripp suddenly stopped playing and looked up staring at me dead in the eyes. He just stared for a moment and said "Why?". I was utterly speechless, totally lost for words and just managed to feebly shrug my shoulders at him. "Why?" again he asked me as he looked down and just shook his head disapprovingly. Then just when I thought it couldn't possibly get worse, he put his guitar down and walked off stage! I sat there frozen, turning redder by the minute and was just in a complete dumbfounded state. I sat there for a few moments, taking on various abuse shouted out at me by audience members around me and saw Mr. Fripp talking to a rather large security guard in the corner of the foyer. It was then I figured, if I wanted to keep my camera then perhaps a swift exit might be a good idea. I got up and shuffled off as fast as I could and went home.
>>
>>73711304
>>73710697
>>73710614

Provide a source at least you faggot.
>>
>>73711504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl69qnWbQ_M

Here's Robert Fripp bullying his bandmates into begging viewers not to record his shows.
>>
>>73708939
i bought Red used yesterday, how does that make you feel?
>>
>>73711552

Hahaha this is fucking glorious, got more?

>>73711591 OI M8, BIN THAT RECORD
>>
>>73711552
>fripp
>bullying anyone
hes the one getting bullied
https://youtu.be/GY3NFC1JBzs
>>
>>73711903
Every single artist that played with him stated that he's really hard to work with. And he knows it.

It's a shame that one of the biggest masterminds of the 20th Century musically speaking is also the biggest cunt ever.
>>
>>73712009
He may as well have autism. He even refuses to play standing up.

I love videos of early KC concerts around the Discipline era where you can see him glaring at Belew for hamming it up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.