[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ >calls Steven Wilson and his fanbase pretentious >praises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: enrnnrxgypUvyJe-800x450-noPad.jpg (51KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
enrnnrxgypUvyJe-800x450-noPad.jpg
51KB, 800x450px
/mu/
>calls Steven Wilson and his fanbase pretentious
>praises the shit out of Radiohead
>>
File: 1488413583269.jpg (2MB, 3391x2360px) Image search: [Google]
1488413583269.jpg
2MB, 3391x2360px
>pretentious being used to discredit something
>listening to /mu/
>>
>>73700921
them internet points, take them, take them all
>>
steven wilson is a boring cunt
>>
at least Radiohead went to Oxford
>>
>>73700912
>butthurt people always being the ones to describe /mu/ as a one-opinion, one-taste "entity"
wonderfulllll
>>
Porcupine Tree used to be so great when they were still making Psychedelic Rock, up until Up the Downstair/Synesthesia. They used to be such a big part of my adolescence, so can't really dislike Steven Wilson, even if his new music is kind of boring. In Absentia is still a great album though.
>>
>>73700957
>one of the most diverse artists in terms of style throughout his whole career
>boring
get a load of this
>>
>>73700992
>Synesthesia

Shit, I meant Voyage 34.
>>
>>73700992
In Absentia is a masterpiece
>>
>>73701009
Trains still plays in my head every time I am standing on the platform of a trains station in the early morning hours, just gazing along the tracks into the distance.
>>
Steven Wilson is a dadrock worshiper and Radiohead hate rock music and want to be like Four Tet and Autechre. Not hard to see why /mu/ feels this way.
>>
>>73700995
Just becuase he genre hops doesnt make him intersting you blithering moron.
>>
>>73701076
stay deaf buddy
>>
Steven Wilson is truly the last great prog rocker. /mu/ will never actually admit this.
>>
>>73701112
>implying /mu/ actually listen listen to Prog.
Only things they listen to are whack post rock, k-pop and rap.
And i don't really think so, there are still some great Prog Rock artists out there, not in the mainstream but underground.
>>
His fanbase are so hardcore, they think he's the best musician working today. They think he's an actual genius. You can't help but marvel and laugh at that.
>>
>>73701148
Radiohead fans do that even more often.
>>
>>73701148
He is a genius to some extent tho.
>>
>I never wanna be old
>And I don't want dependents
>It's no fun to be told
>That you can't blame your parents anymore
>>
>>73700992
I like that he always changes his style up
>>
>>73701054
but wilson likes and has made electronic music, and did the whole krautrock thing before radiohead too
>>
>>73701222

All of Porcupine Tree's lyrics are complete trash except for a few songs on FoaBP
>>
>>73701170
radiohead are barely working today my friend
>>
>>73701418
How's that relevant?
>>
>>73701409
Steven Wilson has one of the biggest gaps between complete shit and amazing of all lyricists I know, not even kidding. Some stuff such as The Sound of Muzak is so fucking bad I can't even handle how self-absorbed, unaware and superficial one person can be, but when he writes more introspective, melancholic lyrics that don't deal with his perceived decline of society, he is really, really good and speaks to me on a level few people can do. So I guess you are half correct.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.