[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is music dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1414823193258.gif (456KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
1414823193258.gif
456KB, 480x361px
is music dead?
>>
>>73698186
we still have Grimes
>>
>>73698196
>Grimes
>look it up on u toob
>it sucks ass
>>
It just seems like great musical movements of the past had some sort of connection to what came before, like there was some lineage. All the shit now seems severed from all that. Just sayin.
>>
Yes, but not because there are no good musicians (in fact, we have more good musicians than any previous generation ever had), but because we have already pushed the boundaries of music as far as possible, which means that it is simply impossible to produce anything really revolutionary. Music has already reached its logical conclusion, and thus can be considered a "dead" medium.
>>
Nothing good that is new at the moment. The critically acclaimed all seems to be poppy pseudo art music or a technical atmospheric metal album. I'm hoping electronica prog rock or Zeuhl hop changes that or something.
>>
Am i dead?
>>
>>73699147
>Zeuhl hop

That sounds interesting af. Why has nobody done it yet?
>>
>>73698331

>in fact, we have more good musicians than any previous generation ever had

holy fuck LMAO
>>
File: fucking clannad.png (71KB, 290x297px) Image search: [Google]
fucking clannad.png
71KB, 290x297px
As an industry music has grown too much and become too comercial for the big names to be pushing new ideas. A lot like the current state of the film industry a lot of big hits right now are just recycling ideas from the past which is what indie rock basically is through and through now. The digital age kinda did this so you just gotta take advantage of the fact that there's far more music available to you now than there was in the past and get ur dick wet lookin under the rocks and stones for some good ol niche shit
>>
http://beatsupply.store/album/a-l-e-x-growing-up-vol-1

No,. it became lofihiphop. This album is a masterpiece that sums up growing up.
>>
>>73698331
>we have already pushed the boundaries of music as far as possible, which means that it is simply impossible to produce anything really revolutionary
People were saying the same thing in the 1600s. They were wrong then, you are wrong now.
You're close-minded and uncreative, that's all.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.