[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreigner GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1871588.jpg (333KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1871588.jpg
333KB, 600x600px
>>
I'm brazilian
>>
>>73697672
You can enjoy them too!
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Foreigner [Atlantic, 1977]

You've heard of Beatlemania? I propose xenophobia. C

Double Vision [Atlantic, 1978]

I love rock and roll so much that I find myself getting off to "Hot Blooded", a typical piece of nookie-hating cockrock based on a riff-verse-chord change that's (gah) second-generation Bad Company. Other than that, there's nothing here to threaten their status as world's dullest band. Inspirational verse--"She backhanded me 'cross my face". C+

Head Games [Atlantic, 1979]

Not as sodden as you'd expect--these guys are pros and they adapt to the times by speeding up the music. I actually enjoy a few of these songs until I come into contact with the dumb woman-haters doing the singing. I mean, these guys think punks are cynical and anti-life as they complain that the world is all madness and lies and then proceed to rhyme "science" with "appliance" and don't intend a joke. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
>>73697991
I just find Hot Blooded obnoxious.
>>
Horrible bottom-of-the-barrel dadrock. This is the shit that your dad would be listening to on the local classic rock station while driving you to Little League to torture you.
>>
they're extremely average.

they suffer from a serious lack of personality.
>>
>>73698040
Must be why Christgau called them the world's dullest band. At least they're pretty harmless unless Journey and Styx which are physically painful to listen to. Frank Zappa complained once that these guys were the only bands that could get on the radio for a while.
>>
>>73697991
>You've heard of Beatlemania? I propose xenophobia. C
ok thats pretty fucking funny and clever
>>
Bands like Foreigner were basically a bunch of veteran session musicians that a record label would assemble into a band, although they were usually talented musicians, they were obliged to shit out the most generic, cliched radio rock imaginable.
>>
>>73698073
Mick Jones is a pretty decent, if basic, blues rock guitarist. Other than that...
>>
>>73698035
calling something dadrock doesnt dismiss it
>>
>>73698068
Christgau's humor is what saves him from being literally the worst human being alive
>>
>>73698103
I mean, there's patrician dadrock like Velvet Underground and there's corporate garbage like Foreigner based on 70s rock cliches.
>>
>>73697991
>Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

What exactly does this mean?
>>
What do you think of this
https://youtu.be/1IdSo3u9PTc
>>
I wanna know what love is is a legitimately good song
>>
>>73698120
That was his list of past-their-prime 60s-70s bands that for some inexplicable reason were still releasing albums in the 90s.
>>
>>73698035
>>73698055
Conjures up images of some mullet dude and his girlfriend fucking in a Camaro as Feels Like The First Time plays on the 8-track.
>>
>>73698151
so like the beach boys?
>>
>>73698178
Well, yeah. And most all of those shitty 70s corporate rock groups.
>>
>>73698133
Oh fuck I thought it was foreign music general
>>
>>73698339
lmao
>>
YOUR AS COLD AS ICE
>>
foreigner is basically "that one mediocre or maybe a little shitty song that you hear a lot on classic rock stations and arent fully certain what band made it" the band
>>
Their post-70s output is bad, during the Reagan years, they became Power Ballads--The Band (TM).
>>
Lou Gramm was 29 in this pic? I'd have guessed late 40s.
>>
>>73698671
YOUR WILLING TO SACRIFICE OUR LOOOOOOOOOOVE
>>
I saw them at a county fair and they were rocking pretty hard for a bunch of old guys.
>>
>>73697650
I am from Denmark. Where are y'all from?
>>
Most people don't get the joke!
Foreigner are a JOKE band!
People who hate Foreigner don't get the joke!
Their fans don't get the joke either.

After I got the joke I became a Foreigner fan for life!

If you really think about it, Foreigner are FUNNY!

If you don't think about it, and most people don't weather a fan, or hater, the humor goes right over their head!
>>
>>73700740
Foreigner is unironically a great band
>>
Somehow founding King Crimson member Ian McDonald ended up being one of the original members.
https://youtu.be/eedm15ZEaEg

Also Thomas Dolby did the synth line on "Waiting for a Girl Like You"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.