[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>what's the point of nu metal /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (82KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 960x960px
>what's the point of nu metal /mu/
>>
>>73695407
for Korn: to express traumatic childhood memories
for Slipknot: to have music to go with their Werewolf: the Apocalypse sessions

generally, to make wacky music with groovy funky riffs
>>
>>73695407
There is no point it sucks

Although SOAD doesn't count as nu metal in my opinion. But it's classified as that for some reason so that's the only one I like
Yeah I like system of a down fucking fight me I can like things.

Oh and Slipknots second album was pretty good and a few of their songs on their first album
>>
I think nu metal sounds like an interesting genre in theory and could be done better. Hybrid theory is a good nu metal album.
>>
a frogposter could never understand
>>
I always thought those "rap rock" bands were much better especially faith no more
>>
Its edgy garbage for white trash
>>
idk I kinda like Death Grips
>>
You had to be there at the time. And stupid.
>>
File: 91VEPvpDtaL._SY355_.jpg (37KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
91VEPvpDtaL._SY355_.jpg
37KB, 355x355px
numetal is such a vague genre that I kind of find it useless. I still will put on Korn for nostalgia purposes, and Limp Bizkit for a good laugh. Mudvaynes LD50 is still quality and pick related is plain fucking awesome. Note that none of these bands sound the same.
>>
>>73695944
I remember when Tool were lumped in with nu metal bands at the time which makes no sense at all.
>>
>>73695967
their early stuff was pretty rooted in groove metal and nu metal was a mutt of groove, industrial, grunge, hip hop etc
>>
>>73695967
It was a catch all term for the slew of edgy hard rock bands that followed the grundge movement. Tool probably got lumped in there because they are there own thing going on and the term 'alternative' didnt really work. I dont know. Wikipedia says numetal is " is a form of alternative metal that combines elements of heavy metal music with elements of other music genres such as hip hop, alternative rock, funk and grunge," so basically its just fucking everything?
>>
>>73696041
RateYourMusic expands on what Nu-metal is better than Wikipedia does.

https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/nu+metal
>>
>>73696057
Yea thats a pretty good description and sums it up really well
>>
God this was cringy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayzu48XIRc
>>
Nu metal and alternative metal sucks very bad i hate everything that sounds like that especially deftones
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.