[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the most tragic musician?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 131113-ian-curtis-table[1].jpg (250KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
131113-ian-curtis-table[1].jpg
250KB, 940x626px
Who is the most tragic musician?
>>
>inb4 Daniel Johnston
>>
jackson c frank
>>
That's not Ian, but the actor who portrayed him in a movie
>>
Solange Knowles
>>
Nick Drake never got recognized for his music while he was still alive. He was also super autistic, apparently.
>>
File: layne-staley-gi.jpg (58KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
layne-staley-gi.jpg
58KB, 500x300px
>>
me
>>
>>73695474
I was gonna post this.
Layne literally died of suicide in slow motion.
>>
>>73695474
Him or Chet Baker
They struggled with addiction for years
>>
there was a garage revival band that was on the cusp of stardom around the time the strokes and white stripes were big, their singles were doing well and their soon to come album was getting a lot of hype

they all died on a bus crash iirc, can't remember the name
>>
Jackson c. Frank
>>
>>73695872
The Exploding Hearts. And the guitarist and their manager survived the crash.
>>
brian wilson
>>
nick drake
>>
>>73696065
this
>>
>>73695200
Buddy Holly

Badfinger
>>
>>73695896
This is the right answer. Even guys like Nick Drake eventually got their recognition. Frank just had a miserable life and is not really remembered today as he should, even though he was mad influential to artists like Paul Simon.
>>
>>73695214
This so much,he was so fucking talented and still gets almost no recognition.
>>
A famous musician who died tragically or a great musician who never became famous and died in obscurity and was only recognized after his death?

There are plenty of examples of the former, but I would like examples of the latter.
>>
>>73695200

Clarence Carter.
>>
me.
>>
Ben Riley, obviously.
>>
Julius Eastman wants his thread back.
>>
>>73697493
antiwarhol wants his opinion back
>>
>>73697528
literally who?
>>
>>73695200
Ian Curtis, Hank Williams, Tupac, Johnny Cash, Mozart no one on here thinks of, so I'm gonna go with Mozart for my #1 pick.
>>
>>73697407
oh jesus one word and this comment says so much
>>
>>73697699
dubs.
>>
>>73697739
quads
>>
>>73695214
>>73697323
I feel like he's gonna get a Nick Drake-esque surge in popularity that will only make his story that much more tragic.
>>
>>73697754
KWADS
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.