[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do dads like progressive rock so much...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1929.png (391KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1929.png
391KB, 800x1200px
Almost every 30 and up white dad I've ever meet or country side teen are always big fans of rush,"OLD(they can't stress that enough) genesis,jethro Tull, dream theater, and other groups I haven't even heard of?

Is it a southern cultural thing? Orrrr??

I've heard each of those groups listened above most famous albums and truly enjoyed the musicianship anf song craft in general but at the place I work at the manager just plays prog 24/7 and it's just like it gets boring after a while or just too technical and loses any emotional value.
>>
They grew up with it. It's not that hard to figure out if you have more than two brain cells.
>>
Prog rock is the shit, why do you find people liking good music to be weird
>>
>>73695021
Yes, nothing says "redneck" quite like pretentious prog-wank.

>muh draym thea-ay-turrr
>>
>>73695058
kind of sad that's all they've listened to their whole lives. Gee are they missing out.
>>
>>73695112
Dad get off the computer.
>>
Considering the banal sterotypes of generic dadrock or southern rock, im glad the countryside folk you speak of enjoy an open minded genre such as prog. You shouldnt be taking such things for granted since most old farts tend to discard the energetic music of their youth and go for easy listening and adult contemporary.

Also, finding prog too technical or emotional is just being prejudiced, its genuine good music that isnt nearly as pretentious as haters make it out to be.
>>
>>73695276
Op didnt specify if thats all they listen to though
>>
>>73695021
You type like a homosexual.
>>
>>73695276
missing out on wussy indie rock or brainless trap rap?
>>
>>73696926
zapped
>>
>>73696926
So true, even entry level prog makes these genres look like absolute shit in comparison
>>
>>73695276
It's not as if looking one thing stops you from liking another
>>
>>73695021
Must be some pretty young Dads, my Dad is in his 60s and listens to shit like Louis Armstrong, Hank Williams, Donna Summer, and The Bee Gees.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.