[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1498954022541.png (134KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498954022541.png
134KB, 291x300px
It just gives me a headache and sounds like vacuum noises and can't hear the words... wtf guess you gotta be high to "get this"
>>
>>73692702
there's nothing to "get"
>>
>>73692702
Summer has officially come.
>>
>>73692783

Well I just found this board a few months ago. It's kind of annoying though, mostly pretentious hipsters who fap to radiohead. And none of these "mu-core" albums are remotely good, just weird experimental shit you claim is "cool".

I'm going back to /R9K/
>>
>>73692913
What do you listen to?
>>
>>73692964

Arcade Fire, Eminem, Gambino, Tyler The Creator, Frank Sinatra, the list goes on...
>>
>>73693033
fuckin' normie
>>
>>73692913
mucore are all pretty much canonical releases, at least the pre-2000 stuff. you can't really get more entry level (read: culturally relevant in terms of pop) than that stuff and disliking it says way more about you than about those releases
>>
>>73692913
7/10 b8 people will fall for it
>>
>>73692702
There's nothing to get, it's an mediocre pop album
>>
>>73693033
what a fucking faggot
>>
Bait thread
>>
>>73693121
hopefully
>>
File: IMG_0305.jpg (97KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.jpg
97KB, 680x680px
>>73693033
>>
honestly op, no one really likes this album. it's like drinking wine - compared to other wine it might be preferable, but it can't hold op to beer or pepsi
>>
>>73692964
OP here.
>>73693033 is not me (clear bait)
I mostly listen to jazz and electronic music (from house to minimal, ambient, lowercase, etc). I like The Jesus and Mary Chain, Slowdive, Ride, Bowery Electric, Wild Nothing, Pale Saints, The Sea Urchins, The Field Mice, Coaltars of The Deepers, Have A Nice Life, Sonic Youth, but I think My Bloody Valentine is fucking awful. The sound is similar to the others I mentioned, of course, but far less enjoyable IMO
>>
>>73693272
How can you like The Jesus and Mary Chain, Slowdive, and Sonic Youth while thinking that MBV sucks? lmao just listen to loveless again dood I'm sure you'll get it eventually
>>
>>73693121
this
>>
>>73693272
Keep trying, none of those bands have anything on MBV.

Believe me it's taken many listens for it to "click". There are beautiful POP melodies and textures that are hard to hear first couple of listens because of the "noise".
>>
>>73693206
>I don't like it so nobody does.
>>
>>73693335
He's obviouly a normie who named a some of the bands /mu/ likes but in reality has the music taste of an average edgy 15 year old white kid.
>>
>>73693272
listen to isnt anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOA-RABglnI
>>
>>73693363
>let's all like a meme album and not have a personal taste

>>73693348
kek
>>
>>73693272
you are a cringe artist. My bloody valentine are better than all those bands you just mentioned.
Their ep you made me realise is one of the most brilliant EP of all time. Try listening to that. If you cannot enjoy that, then get your boyfriend's cock out of your ear
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>>73693388
He thought this b8 thread would go in his favor but forgot the summer kiddos are at the mall right now.
>>
>>73693406
You don't even know what a meme album is. Please just kill yourself m8
>>
>>73693272
>slowdive
>ride
>pale saints
>wild nothing

Holy fuck did you even listen to the album? Every fucking day we get this thread. I don't see how anyone who isn't autistic, not "get" this album. The opening track is one of the most accessible shit out there. Do you listen to albums on shuffle OP?
>>
>>73693411
I'd take 5 seconds of middle of the road era jesus and mary chain above mbv's entire discography. disregarding the fact that without the mary chain there wouldn't have been mbv to begin with.

ps you lads just circlejerk or also do cheeky bj's?
>>
>>73693335
>>73693348
>>73693400
>>73693411
Alright guys, I guess I'll give it more chance. I've already listened to Loveless at least twice, but I'll try a third and a forth time if necessary. Thanks for the tips anyways.

To all the others: calm down, you rude badasses.
>>
it's my favorite album of all time and don't do drugs

Maybe you're not listening to it with right sound quality/volume because other "noisey/shoegazey" albums giveme a head ache when i'm not listening to it in the right setting.

The words are unimportant, the vocals are basically another instrument and are there to convey emotion. it's all about the textures and sounds. there is good song structure underneath it all too but it's all about just enjoying the overwhelming sounds, and sometimes the trance like repetition on songs like "i only said" and "soon". those songs make you feel like you are on drugs.

try "sometimes" that is a good gateway into the album. its VERY smashing pumpkins. or rather pumpkins is like that song because MBV influenced the hell out of the pumpkins
>>
>>73693406
Just because something's a meme, doesn't mean it's bad. You have to be generally autistic to say that this album is not enjoyable whatsoever.
>>
>>73693467
you are a cringe artist as well. The jesus and mary chain are all aesthetic. They sound like a generic rock and roll band that discovered how to do feedback and noise. Just accept the fact that my bloody valentine are one of the greatest bands of all time
>>
>>73693484
Nice tips you got there, thank you anon.
>>
>>73693206
>comparing wine to beer

You need to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>73693479
No
>>
>>73693497
coffee table music
>>73693513
hol up, you be saying dat dem mary chainz wrote pop music with feedbacks? how observant.

I actually do think that someone as mediocre as kevin shields went to fuck about with "colours that sound brown" and overdubbing a guitar track for 2 weeks straight because of his apparent lack of talent for writing a good pop song.
>>
>>73693684
jamc's songwriting is shit-tier lmao
>>
>>73693684
okay you have a valid point. I disagree with you. Kevin shields does write good pop songs. Listen to cupid come or soft as snow. Anyways just curious to know - who do you think writes a good pop song?
>>
File: cover.png (2MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
2MB, 1400x1400px
It just gives me a headache and sounds like vacuum noises and can't hear the words... wtf guess you gotta be high to "get this"
>>
>>73693717
it's shit-tier but still very catchy and enjoyable.
EG. april skies, some candy talking, and happy when it rains.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsiQRjp4pM0

I usually rec people this because you can clearly hear the individual instruments and Bilinda Butcher's voice.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNSnVpclqg
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.