[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genres you used to love but now hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1496174073712.jpg (85KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496174073712.jpg
85KB, 920x960px
Hip-Hop, what's yours, /mu/?
>>
Everything but country and rap.
>>
Rock. I mostly listen to black and death metal now with a few hardcore bands.
>>
>>73692494
Korn/Soilwork style metal
>>
>>73692494
anime music lel
>>
dubstep
>>
>>73692494
This thread won't be very interesting if you don't state why you feel the way you do.
>>
IDM, DnB
>>
>Shit I used to hate, now like/love

Punk: I was pissed that it 'killed' prog rock (thought thats merely one of many factors). Now I realize it is a very rich and diverse genre.

Electronic music: I used to think it was all that shitty commercial trap and 'techno' shit (the term techno seems to have devolved far from what it actually was when it was good). Once again, its a rich and diverse genre.

Disco: I always thought this was a bad genre because everyone shits on it. Well those people are suckers, this is a god tier dance music genre.

Anime music: The well known anime music out there is spastic and autistic. Fortunately, classic early 80s and late 70s anime music is often of a funky orchestral rock variety. Very groovy stuff.

>Bonus shit I used to love, now hate/don't like anymore

A huge majority of heavy metal, especially the extreme stuff just fell out of favour with me. Once I outgrew most of my teenage angst, I realised that I fundamentally preferred more mellow, rhythmical music. Heavy metal isnt strong in either. I still like traditional metal because its like pop music to me, but for men.

Blues rock and by extension, the majority of popular rock music from the 50s-80s: Classic rock got me into music as a whole but only the best of the best has any impact on me anymore. Conventional scales simply don't cut it for me when I've listened to so much amazing jazz rock and progressive rock.
>>
Black metal. Still hate death and thrash though
>>
Rock
>>
>>73692551
uh, you eventually grew up
>>
power metal
>>
>>73692494
That's the opposite for me. I used to hate hip-hop but I really love it now. I'd say it's prog rock for me. it just does nothing for me anymore.
>>
indie rock
punk
lyrical hip hop like kendrick
>>
>>73693081
Are you some kind of devolving degenerate?
>>
Folk Punk. I wouldn't say I necessarily hate it now, but AJJ and many other prominent bands in the genre are so cringey. I still like Pat the Bunny and OG artists like Billy Bragg and Patrik Fitzgerald though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.