[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lorde - Melodrama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

How the fuck is this a 92 on metacritic?
When listening to Pure Heroine you know how rushed the album was and the potential Lorde had, she was only like 16 yo and for someone that age her first album was "pretty good". I loved the simple atmosphere and how vocal driven the songs were, but i knew the album wasn't that good and that she would probably pull off something incredible after that with better instrumentals and production

But then she releases Melodrama, which screams "Ya Ya Ya I Am Lorde, this could have been so much better but i know people gonna love it anyway because I Am Lorde Ya Ya Ya"

The album is pretty bland, all songs sound kind the same (expect for Writer In The Dark), the production is not that good.
I know this is just my opinion, but fuck, it's not a 10 or anywhere near it

Writer In The Dark is the only good song for me and shows exactly the potential this album had, now i don't know if i can expect anything good from her again

Can't she just try to be Bjork 2.0 and forget about being pop at all?
>>
Journalism died in the digital era. Beginning with MBDTF we saw critics deliberately rating albums to align with commercial, readership goals rather than actually artistic goals.

This is the latest example, along with Beyonce's Lemonade, Kendrick's TPAB, etc.
>>
>>73691476

Jokes on you for listening to shitty pop just because poptimism is a thing.
>>
>>73691507
>MBDTF
Me Be Down To Fuck?
>>
>>73691520
honestly what's with the fucking /b/ influx it was never this bad

2015/2016 were super fucking reddit but this year is just a bunch of really bad shitposting
>>
>>73691513
this

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>73691548
this board is dead barring a few generals

r/hhh and KTT have completely taken over
>>
>>73691582
seems like it

/classical/ has stayed quality all these years, makes me happy

but yeah like it's impossible to have any quality discussion now fucking depressing
>>
>>73691520
Cringiest post in the history of this board, congrats.
>>
>>73691476
didn't listen to it or read anything you wrote past the first sentence, but the answer to your question is because it's a well-marketed mainstream pop album that people can relate to
>>
>>73691507
how would a review have artistic goals? I bet you're one of those faggots that takes meandering pitchfork reviews seriously
>>
File: _.jpg (145KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
145KB, 1000x1000px
>>73691476
>Can't she just try to be Bjork 2.0 and forget about being pop at all?
Don't worry. We still have Grimes for that role.
>>
>>73691610
I just search the catalog for threads now no point in trying to go outside of the ones I already frequent since the rest of the board is so shitty

Elitism back when?
>>
>>73691664
>how would a review have artistic goals?
It doesn't unless the person is even mildly academic about their appraisal.

I literally criticized Pitchfork you idiot.

Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>73691679
>Elitism back when?
Hopefully never. Elitism sucks. Your taste is no better than any other anon. Music taste is subjective, so deal with it.
>>
>>73691751
kill yourself poptimist
>>
>>73691705
you didn't mention pitchfork and you did suggest that critics should be rating albums with "artistic" goals in mind rather than "readership" goals
>>
>>73691751
>>>/go_back/
>>
>>73691751
you're a retard
>>
The media sucks. But don't worry, America knows this. That's why we voted in Trump. Only problem is we need someone like Trump in the music world to point it out to people and be the leader in getting the system changed. But who?
>>
>>73691751
Reddit.
>>
It's a decent album, but even an 82 would be pushing it. Also the lyrics are retarded

>DUDE DRUGS PROMISCUOUS SEX PARTYING SADNESS IM TOTALLY A MATURE TEEN DEALING WITH, LIKE, ADULT STUFF THATS PRETTY DEEP HUH LMAO
>>
>>73691771
>>73691788
>>73691790
>>73691823
>triggered elitists
>waaaah waaaaaaah, my precious taste is better than yours
Your taste sucks. Deal with it.
>>
>>73692117
kys
>>
>>73691476

I liked some songs, but I agree, it's been really critically overrated and I found it to be disappointing based on her potential.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.