/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Billy Idol still doing his radio show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: billy idol.jpg (71KB, 1014x487px) Image search: [Google]
billy idol.jpg
71KB, 1014x487px
Is Billy Idol still doing his radio show?
>>
HOT IN THE CITY
HOT IN THE CITY TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>>
>>73687219
this was his worst song dildo...

its more like white wedding, eyes without a face, etc
>>
>>73687247
Eyes Without A Face is probably the best song he ever did, yeah. One of the best and most unsettling pop songs of all time desu.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Billy Idol [Chrysalis, 1982]

Even in punk's heyday he obviously wanted to be a teen idol, but back then he couldn't very well admit that his hero was Elton John. Yet here he is with Kiss's manager and an album that rocks as hard as the first side of Caribou--for three cuts, including a hit single and "White Wedding," a call to innocence regained as desperate and persuasive as "Start Me Up." If he could keep it going I'd be happy to buy my pop from a phony, but neither Burundi beats nor overzealous voice practice do anything but accentuate the jaded professionalism that takes over. B

Rebel Yell [Chrysalis, 1984]

Videos have been the making of this born poser's career and the unmaking of his music. Not that they've changed how hard and hooky it is, much less turned off the unwitting many who find sexism sexy. But if you've got no taste for the sound of the sneer, the visuals definitely aren't fantasy enough. C

Whiplash Smile [Chrysalis, 1986]

A year and a half in the making, and don't think he didn't pour heart and soul into it. It's just that he's . . . well, I hate to put it this way, but the guy is cursed: emoting love poetry from under enough Keith Forsey echo to fill Carlsbad Caverns, he still can't sing without sneering. That he gets off the occasional good one even so only reveals his essence d'Elvis for the plastic pop franchise it is, and don't blame him for the bullwhip on the sleeve--the devil made him do it. C+
>>
File: 105311517_o.jpg (117KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
105311517_o.jpg
117KB, 500x374px
>>73687322
Yes it's also my favorite with flesh for fantasy being a close second.

The movie the song is based on is pretty good too (pic related).
>>
I've never listened to BI. Where to start?
>>
>>73687417
Everybody always knew Idol had his eye on the charts though, even back in the Generation X days.
It's a pointless thing to base the entire criticism of his discography on, especially at this point when new wave can be looked at with enough critical and historical distance that even fucking Duran Duran have gotten canonized as being responsible for at least a couple of classic pop albums.
Rebel Yell is a stellar pop album. One of the best of the 80s. That's all there is to it desu.
>>
>>73687601
Just listen to his stuff from the first half of the 80s. Also everyone on the fucking planet has heard at least one of his hits. They're fairly standard New Wave if you were curious.
>>
>>73687619
Oh well, Christgau even said that if you're full of shit, you'd better at least have lots of hooks.
>>
>>73687784
that is true
>>
>>73687601
The first two albums are both excellent.
>>
catch my fall is the best and most underrated billy idol single
>>
Billy was so ahead of his time with Cyberpunk

A shame that it kinda fucking sucks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.