[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more consitently perfect double lp. You literally cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: ExileMainSt.jpg (36KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
ExileMainSt.jpg
36KB, 316x316px
Name a more consitently perfect double lp. You literally cant
>>
File: 51VWpTObMvL._SY355_.jpg (29KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
51VWpTObMvL._SY355_.jpg
29KB, 355x355px
>>73678062
yeah about that
>>
>>73678062
I thought it was boring af.
Only the first track was any good.
>>
>>73678083
That album has never clicked for me for some reason. I hate the mixing and I feel like it sounds more like a compilation than studio lp
>>
>>73678111
I agree with you on the mixing.
Reminds me of the shitty mixing on Abbey Road at times too.
Early stereo is like that sometimes :/
>>
>>73678093
All of the singles are better than the opening track
>>
>>73678093
How can anybody not like Tumbling Dice, Ventilator Blues, or Sweet Viginia? I feel like those are the types of songs that are pretty much universally loved
>>
Bought it on CD several years ago. Listened once, wondered what all the fuss was about, put it away.
>>
File: quadrophenia.jpg (363KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
quadrophenia.jpg
363KB, 800x800px
>>
BTW, why is Jagger so bouncey when all his era is dying?
>>
>>73678062
this album has the added bonus of being a pleb filter to anyone born after 1960
>>
Soft machine's Third?
>>
>>73678535
A select few musicians of that time seemed to have somehow extended their lifespans through drug abuse rather than the other way round.
>>
>>73678535
He's a fitness nut.
>>
>>73678062
This, fucking exile on main street is not only an amazing album, but the perfect nu-male filter. Every song is just so bluesy and gritty it's just fucking magnificent
>>
File: Scaruffi picks microphone.png (197KB, 313x298px) Image search: [Google]
Scaruffi picks microphone.png
197KB, 313x298px
The double album Exile On Main Street completes the maturation. Abandoning all pretenses and concentrating only on their infernal nature, the Stones deliver on the concept of sexual obsession. The songs are luxuriously bacchanalian, syncopated and droll, but the album is self-referential, a sort of museum of the styles absorbed by the Stones sound, from the hiccuping gospel of Tumbling Dice to the visceral, percussive and stentorian funk of Rocks.

8/10
>>
File: IMG_3356.jpg (51KB, 456x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3356.jpg
51KB, 456x356px
>>73678062
I was honestly exited when listening. It was the first Stones album of their golden age where the first track and second track flowed so well. So I assume the rest of the album was going to be as good.
Too bad they're retards and didn't learn their lessons from their previous albums. And they HAD to include a shitty blues cover.
>>
I remember when if you even mentioned The Rolling Stones on /mu/ you'd get laughed off the board.

Glad to see that those times have changed.
>>
>>73678062
The bonus tracks on the re-release are better than the main songs
Plundered my soul and soul survivor with keith Richards are the stones two best songs
>>
>>73678062
No album with Keef singing lead can be considered perfect. And there's only a few good songs on the second LP.
>>
No, fuck this album. Along with Led Zeppelin IV, it led to the entire hairspray/stadium/cockrock cancer.
>>
>>73679552
Problem is the Stones are too normalfag for /mu/. If you had radio hits, you're not welcome here.
>>
>>73679743
The essence of their sound is rooted in a lot of styles like country, 60s R&B, and whatnot which /mu/ generally isn't into or knowledgeable of.
>>
>>73678711
Explain Keith Richards, then.
>>
My dad said even back in the day, a lot of people hated the Rolling Stones because they thought they were just about this cult of celebrity and it wasn't about the music.
>>
>>73680000
Hes a lucky cunt. Also for a 73 year old he looks like shit
>>
>>73680000
Richards doesn't dance like Jagger does. Also Jagger took his job as a performer a lot more seriously than a lot of other rock musicians.There's a story about how Jagger gave Gram Parsons, a friend of the Stones in the late 60s and early 70s, a talk for not showing up to band rehearsals and making the band sound shit live.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (144KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
144KB, 600x600px
fdabda
>>
>>73680587
I mean, Metallica always put great pride in the quality of their live performances back in the day while Davey would come on stage totally smashed and play terribly.
>>
>>73680815
That's exactly what Jagger wouldn't do. Mind you, he might be on coke or heroin or whatnot but not a drug that affects his ability to perform on stage. They were known as the greatest live band in the world for a reason.
>>
>>73680853
Right, I can understand performing on coke. But doesn't heroin knock you the fuck out?
>>
>>73680985
Well, I snorted it instead of injecting and only did it once so I may have had different experience from what a regular user would do but...I felt fucked up but not fucked up enough that I couldn't manage doing regularly things.
>>
File: front.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
There's this and The Minutemen's Double Nickels On A Dime
>>
File: Derek and The Dominos.jpg (153KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Derek and The Dominos.jpg
153KB, 1440x1080px
>>
File: keef-by-tony-mott132.jpg (350KB, 499x652px) Image search: [Google]
keef-by-tony-mott132.jpg
350KB, 499x652px
>hell be fine

Not even a meme, he will be fine.
>>
File: london calling.jpg (133KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
london calling.jpg
133KB, 600x600px
unironically this
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.