/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Round 3: Live First Reactions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: TMS.jpg (117KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
TMS.jpg
117KB, 960x686px
IIT: a /jazz/ tripfag listens to essential /mu/core i havent heard before and give my thoughts, opinions, general review shit. For my third record of the evening, based on request, Death Grips- The Money Store. Hitting play on the record once this thread goes up.
>>
>>73677888
nice trips
>>
>>73677888
Starting the thread off with a get get get get. Nice.
>>
It's a good one, anon, enjoy
>>
Let's go, boi!
>>
haha shit, kek blesses my first full death grips experience, starting the album right now.
>>
also for anyone who gives a shit, im listening to this on my senhieser headphones as opposed to my klipsch speakers like i did with the others.
>>
>>73677888
Yo, YoStefan, just yoinked your tripcodeless acount, faggot.
>>
>>73677957
i dont care, its just for this thread.

really surprised with how tame this is so far, no screaming homeless black men yet and fuck that was a pretty intricate beat and ....oh shit, second track theres the screaming black guy, niiice. so far im really surprised by how hard this grooves really, i thought the kind of choppy beats by Hill would sort of clutter up the head bopping aspect but im groovin hard on this second track. clearly marking the quarter note pulse throughout the choppier sections is the reason i guess. Hill is a great drummer man. melodic aspect of the beats are pretty cool. fucking of course i mean these guys are really original as fuck, no one couldve thought to do what Ride does besides Ride.
>>
File: 200% Groovy.gif (882KB, 450x324px) Image search: [Google]
200% Groovy.gif
882KB, 450x324px
quarter note triplets and by far the most syncopation ive heard yet on the third track. the wubbing bass is pretty consistent which i wish maybe it changed up more. still pic related.
>>
I'm really liking these threads, keep up the good work.
>>
so far what stands out to me the most is the amount of variation in the groove throughout the course of one song, like that shit just doesnt happen in more typical hip hop. i really dig it, on HUSTLE BONES COMIN OUT MY MOUF. like the female vocal samples a lot and zachs drumming is still pretty fuckin good, changing what he does in the cymbal paterns is really unique and more similar to a jazz drummer then pretty much any other kind of music.
>>
>>73678128
Andy's a good boy
>>
idk if its flatlander or hill getting these samples and shit together but I've seen footage is pretty cool though its just a pretty simple pentatonic (i think), some of the coolest shit from Ride on this track too, was this the big hit from this album or something?
>>
thought, i think theres no parts from Hill on Ive seen Footage and it does make the rhythm in the drum alittle static, nice deep bass though.
>>
>>73678155
Yeah it's the most accessible on the mix.
>>
Double Helix so far is the most like typically death grips sounding thing ive heard on this record. chopiest, zach hill, hella-ist beat ive heard so far too. i think there was a quick moment in there where they flipped the beat for just like one bar or something. gotta hear it again. woah, that fucking random ass part without drums just showed up, that was fuckin out. man this shit is just so fucking different from any other music that was happening at the time. real art man.
>>
this is fucking funny, the beat in system blower where the bass goes up a minor third on the 4th beat of every other measure is an exact bass line if played when im trying to make one of the bands i play in really start an aggressive grove.
>>
File: look_at_this_bullshit.jpg (263KB, 555x474px) Image search: [Google]
look_at_this_bullshit.jpg
263KB, 555x474px
>>73677888
>IIT: a /jazz/ tripfag listens to essential /mu/core i havent heard before
>/jazz/ tripfag
>essential /mu/core I haven't heard before
>essential /mu/core
>I haven't heard before
>tripfag
Did you even bother lurking before adopting your trip or do any exploration before coming here to begin with?
>>
slayer, reighn in blood.
>>
I've been listening along with you, anon, at least for TMS. Didn't hop on the other ones, and I've heard it before, but I'm jammin.
>>
>>73678283
yeah i lurked for about a year or so, im really just a jazz fan though. i listened to a few mucore things but just didnt get around to alot of the most essential mucore. i think its no harm no foul since i only use my trip in jazz threads and im more the qualified to have one in there since ive been a professional jazz musician for 5 years and have training from a conservatory, soon to be two.
>>
>>73678300
just got to punk weight. no real dead spots on the record so far yet. i feel like the stuff i like the most is probably the stuff thats not so liked by the general public cause im drawn to the really wild choppy beats. thanks for listening along man! really really liking the crazy zach hill shit on the beat in this. i really cant think of much to say about ride. i mean conceptually his vocal style is completely fucking original and i like going back and forth between the screaming and not but as far as his rhymes, lyrics and flow go, im not enough of a rap guy to know. rhythmically hes not doing much crazy shit, its pretty much all on the beat kinda thing, typical phrasing.
>>
>>73678300
Same here fellow anon
>>
>>73678283
That's not even a trip you moron.
>>
I dunno if you're interested, but a soft /noise/ pick could be fun for 4 if you're going that long. Probably not /mu/core, but Door Open at 8AM is full of jazz samples.
>>
>>73678283
id also already been a professional musician for like 4 years before going on this site so im not sure i really need random trips with charts telling me what to listen to all the time. i listened to the stuff that interested me and the rest in the back catalog of shit i gotta check out. chill with the shit post man, notice im not even using my trip here cause its out of /jazz/.
>>
>>73678360
Zach's shit is always my favorite, love some Hella, and his solo stuff/lil scuzzy/i.l.y.s is really fun
>>
Fuck that groove FUCCKING HARD, drum break with the tom tom. fucking nice.
>>
>>73678392
the guitar player in my free jazz group is super in to hella so i heard some of that before. i dug it but havent like actively checked it out much. i like how he doesnt just play normal shit all the time on this record just cause its not like math rock or whatever, hes still playing himself no matter what hes on. monk was like that (in no way am i comparing thelonious monk to zach hill, just saying). BITCH PLEEEASE kind of an 80s vibe on the synths here. last track just started.
>>
>>73678440
thats the best one, have fun
>>
>>73678378
i usually prefer pretty harsh noise acutally hahah merzbo is a favorite.

fucking this tracks a banger, hacker, had to restart cause i wanted to hears some of that again real quick. zach plays some seriously hip ideas on this intro, and the DETUNED GUITAR. is that fill around 0:40 a sample from a drumline??? kinda some disco shit here and what i guess is the chorus i think i recognize the sample. 4 on the floor awlways gets the booty shaking.
>>
>>73678283
ill stop being a dick after this but ive been drinking and this shit was obnoxious. ive also heard the entire discography of Ornette Coleman, Thelonious Monk, and Coltrane. i even have a very short published essay on the theology of Olivier Messiaens Quator Por La Fin Du Temps movt. III and wrote a 10 page paper on the quintets of Miles Davis from 56 to 68 with transcribed examples.
>>
>>73678471
Oh awesome, love me some noise, man

But yeah, Hacker fucking slaps and it's quotable as all hell

You're definitely right about Zach, though, it's funny. He's an uncredited drummer on a Lynyrd Skynyrd cover, and you can tell he's TRYING to dial it back a bit, but it's still very clearly him lmao.
>>
Well this was an interesting experience. Oddly entertaining seeing someone listen to something for the first time.
>>
>>73677888
So YO Stephan, whats next?
>>
File: alice.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
hahaha fucking wow, okay so the record just ended. what a fucking night for me, first listens of OK Computer, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, and The Money Store. That is really a good record fucking i cant believe im gonna sit here and try to analyze that shit with any sort of cohesion or anything. thats the first hip hop (not really but you know) album i have enjoyed in a really really long time, probably my favorite ive heard since Low End Theory. Really what sets them apart for me is the constant variation in the beats, changing a few times through out the song, random samples that happen once and really quickly, theres no real structure to the songs or anything, sections maybe but not structure. shit was great man. Zach's drummer is really an insteresting rhyhtmic texture behind flatlanders kind of EDM, disco, trap, 4 on the floor kind of grooves. again the biggest surprise to me was how much my head was bopping the whole time. i really cant think of enough stuff to say about Ride though other then just how original his vocal concept is, cant pick it apart, just can say that he and zach are really really unique artists. i dont know what number id give that, embarassingly it might be my favorite of what ive heard tonight, all three were great and i will listen to more. anyone have any questions or anything they want me to expand upon before i call it a night, thanks for keeping up!
>>73678511
nice man, do you listen to any free jazz? maybe give this a try if you dont.
>>
>>73678603
I do listen to free jazz, though not methodically at all, it's just a bunch of scattered releases I heard and like
Thanks, man, I'll check that one out
>>
>>73678601
as far as what im gonna listen to? man im going to bed, too late for me. im a musician, i gotta practice tomorrow, 4-8 hours every single day my man. i think ill do this tomorrow night though, if i remember to. still have plenty of wine and some good /mu/core i can listen to. any reccs for something to do tomorrow night?
>>
>>73678603
right on man. enjoy digging into the rest of their discography. it's like crack.
>>
>>73678626
Filth? Is Filth /mu/core or just TBK
>>
>>73678638
I think The Seer is more mu-core.
>>
>>73678626
shit man, you gotta listen to Long Season
>>
>>73678629
yeah, i really did enjoy this. thanks for giving me a good reason to get around to it, everyone. will definitely be listneing to more.
>>73678638
Im a bit of a swans fan, that one would be hard because i have listened to tracks from a lot of their albums but only Glowing Man, Seer, and Soundtracks all the way through.
>>73678654
ill keep it in mind for tomorrow night, thanks!
>>
>>73678626
The Microphones is an amazing experience. If you liked the kind of vibe ITAOTS had, you might enjoy The Glow pt 2
>>
>>73678688
What did you think of Soundtracks?
>>
>>73678706
someone else reccomended that. its also serious mucore so maybe ill do that one tomorrow. im trying to get the most mucore of all mucore out of the way and this is a good way to make me do it.
>>
>>73678626
Do King Crimson!
>>
>>73678736
oh man, i only listened to it once and it was about a year ago, i couldnt really comment on it now. sorry.
>>
can these dumbass reaction threads stop, no one gives a fuck about your shitty opinion. just listen to the god damn music and quit telling us about it because no one gives a fuck
>>
>>73678759
that would be a really good one too. so far for tomorrow im looking at glow 2, king crimson, MPP, and long season. ill see what im in the mood for tomorrow and check a mucore chart to see what else looks entertaining.
>>
>>73678781
I care
>>
>>73678781
I was here
>>
>>73678781
>"Just listen to the god damn music and quit telling us about it"
>He posts on a music discussion board
>>
>>73678788
Got a time for when you're doing it? If not I'll just lurk tommorow night.
>>
>>73678848
yeah not really, whenever i cant practice anymore. probably around 8 or so but i really dont know. didnt think this would be a thing but whatever, i enjoying myself. got a lot of jazz i want to listen to as well which probably wouldnt interest anyone so itll be somewhat sporadic.
>>
>>73678823
there's a difference between making an overall generalized discussion thread about an artist/song/album and a shitty "live reaction" thread from some internet retard who wants some attention from so anonymous internet dweebs. you seriously cant be this retarded
>>
>>73678872
I've actually been wanting to get into jazz, I've only ever heard Kind of Blue but I loved it. Any recs before you go to bed?
>>
>>73678873
people seem to be interested to some degree cause im not just some random guy, im a professional jazz musician with a good ear, composing background, and training writing academic papers about music. plus, you can just not look or comment in here, is this really worse then random fantano or grimes threads with almost no musical discussion at all? cmon man, this is probably some of the most serious discussion about purely the albums on this board.
>>
>>73678894
quick, what do you listen to thats not jazz.
>>
>>73678873
I think it's more of the whole point of the first thoughts he had as listening to music. Cause we've all had that first time, it's just something else to monitor that you can relate to. Also, fuck off he's enjoying it, this small audience of about 5 is enjoying it, leave it alone
>>
>>73678873
How deep is that stick up your ass? This is was a comfy thread and I'd rather have things like this than another shitposting thread.
>>
I am more interested in someone that listens to one main genre listening to other stuff. Kinda interesting
>>
>>73678937
Folk
Noise
Ambient
Hip Hop
Plunderphonics
Experimental/Alternative Rock
just the main ones
>>
File: jesus christ and scripture.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ and scripture.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>73678992
shit that doesnt give me a ton to work with. uhm id say try Sonny Rollins- Night at the Village Vanguard, Paul Motian Trio- One Time Out, Bill Frisell- With Dave Holland and Elvin Jones, Paul Bley- With Gary Peacock, and pic related cause noise.
>>
>>73678979
didnt think about that as a reason people would like it. yeah for anyone who wants background on my listening habits i probably listen to about 6 or 7 albums a day, and probably 90% or more is jazz, a lot of free jazz, and the other ten percent is like the same three steely dan albums Royal Scam, Aja, and Gaucho
>>
>>73679073
Thanks I'll check these out, go get some sleep my dude
>>
>>73679094
Yea like this guy said, go ahead. See ya later
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.