[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a worse band than this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Journey logo.jpg (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Journey logo.jpg
67KB, 250x250px
Is there a worse band than this?
>>
journey is great fuck you
>>
Radiohead
>>
RHCP
>>
>>73676875
Journey is not as bad as people say. Their first three albums are actually decent.
>>
Toto.

>>73676916
Bad taste.

>>73677208
I hate to admit it but you're correct.
Steven Perry ruined everything.
>>
>>73676875
Boston and Styx come to mind.

I liked Journey when they were Carlos Santana's back up band.
>>
Actually any post Obscured by Clouds Pink Floyd sucks shit!
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Frontiers [Columbia, 1983]

For those of you who were truly hoping the jig was up this time, I'll remind you all of how much worse it could be--this top 10 album could be outselling Thriller or Flashdance or Pyromania. My suggestion is for Steve Perry to run as a moderate Republican from, say, Nebraska where his oratory would garner excellent press, and then, having shed his video game interests, ram the tape tax through. D+

Street Talk [Columbia, 1985]

The head Journeyman's cameo on Aid For Africa reminded me of what I'd missed, which was the musical equivalent of gastroenteritis. Pat Boone never learned his lesson, so why should Steve Perry? Oversinging signifies not soul, but will and desperation. Upped a notch for good intentions and in case Sam Cooke finally taught him a lesson. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
>>73676927
Are you the same guy from the other thread? If so, where does the anger come from? What do you think your replies accomplish? What is it about radiohead's music that causes you to feel this way, as opposed to the 90% of other music which is arguably just as terrible?
>>
>>73677341
Awwww lookie... somebody needs attention.
>>
>>73676875
Nickleback, theyre so bad people think youre hipster trash for hating them.
>>
>>73676875
arena rock is a lost artform. feels like watching a greek tragedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0
>>
>>73677547
>arena rock is a lost artform
And thank God for that.
>>
Journey is one of the more God tier out of the shit tier bands
>>
File: 05.jpg (6KB, 78x138px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
6KB, 78x138px
>>73677563
>Journey is one of the more God tier out of the shit tier bands
>>
>>73676875
>writer power ballads that actually make me feel things

Journey is God.
>>
>>73677620
>writer power ballads that actually make me feel things
Most of them the feeling of nausea and severe diarrhea.
>>
>>73676875
>ITT: It was on Family Guy so I have to hate it in order to appear cool
>>
>>73677690
I'm old enough to remember Journey's heyday. Nobody with any taste ever listened to them.
>>
>>73677711
What did people with taste listen to back then?
>>
>>73677839
Not him but probably New Wave or some other shit like that. You'd have to ask for /mu/core 1981 edition charts.
>>
The 5th Dimension
>>
Journey and REO Speedwagon conjure up images of some mullet teenager and his gf fucking in a Camaro as Keep On Loving You is playing in the cassette deck.
>>
>>73677898
What's wrong with The Fifth Dimension?

>>73677690
>Being on Family Guy is literally the only reason people would hate this band
Ok pal whatever you say....
>>
>>73676875
KISS.
>>
>>73676875
Yes, plenty of bands don't have a banger like "any way you want it"
>>
>>73677601
Being a Godtier shit band cancels each other out so overall, Journey is a decent band.
>>
>>73677326
Tommy Shaw Styx is awesome.Dennis DeYoung Styx is garbage.
>>
>>73678516
Renegade is ok only because Dennis DeYoung somehow discovered how to play guitar (also not singing lead vocals helped).
>>
>all these beta males dissing journey boston and styx
literally i've never met someone who dislikes these bands that aren't beta
Journey has god tier infectious pop and Steven Perry is a god tier vocalist
Boston has a god tier first album but everything kinda falls apart after that
>what is the grand illusion
>>
>>73676875
The Who
>>
>>73679652
You do know that most of their fanbase back in the day were women?
>>
File: feelsgud.jpg (8KB, 186x178px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgud.jpg
8KB, 186x178px
JUST A CITY BOY
>>
>>73679620
DeYoung's organ is all over that song.
>>
>>73679652
Boston is literally one of the best hard rock bands of all time
>>
>>73677989
Everything. Their songwriting is atrocious even for its time.
>>
fuck journey
fuck bon jovi
>>
>implying you've never been to a bar and everyone sings journey songs
>>
>>73677326
>Boston
Holy shit fucking kys
You don't actually like rock music if More Than A Feeling doesn't move u.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.