[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

communists don't like classical music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: violin.jpg (96KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
violin.jpg
96KB, 900x598px
Saw this post in another thread. I asked for sources but got no reply before the thread was archived. Does anyone know anything about this?

>>131952052
>>
I'll try again to link the post:

>>>/pol/131952052
>>
>>73676726
Adorno.
/thread
>>
>>73676726
They don't like traditional stuff and blah blah
>>
>>73676726
>>73677148
Also, Marx listened to classical music that guy is retarded.
Stop going to /pol/.
>>
>>73677148
elaborate
>>
File: 1496520939798.jpg (7KB, 184x176px)
1496520939798.jpg
7KB, 184x176px
>>73676726
They probably don't like wagner (cuz nazis).

And probably not metal (cuz nazis)

A lot seem to enjoy punk (but have trouble because nazis)

Anyway, most "communists" are either cringy social rejects who need to make themselves feel important or ivory-tower tier academics with some form of sociology degree. You should probably stop giving them attention.
>>
>>73676726
communists don't like music, or art, or entertainment, or knowledge, or prosperity, or anything good in this world and seek to destroy it all
>>
>>73676726
Perhaps if you don't believe that the Soviets count as Communists but come on, the state sponsored the classical tradition far more than the west did in the 20th century. Of the great composers of the 20th century, many came from the USSR, such as Shostakovich, Prokofiev, or Pärt.
>>
>>73677199
He had a theory about popular music and how classical music is far superior, basically because pop is made to pander and classical was almost unconditionally funded.
>>
>>73677883
>t-they are like the bad guys and are all monsters and we are the good guys who have it all figured out like god vs the devil
>>
>>73676726
the USSR didnt like good classical music apparently
>>
I used to go on a leftist chat and 90 percent of the music played was classical. In my experience /pol/s taste and understanding of classical music is soccer mom tier.

>>73677820
Wagner was a leftist for his time and good friends with Bakunin.
>>
>>73677883
>implying capitalism doesn't just dumb all art and entertainment down to its most easy to consume form
Capitalism is why we have meme rap
>>
>>73678080
t. highschool commie.
>>
>>73678985
>implying rap wasnt always dumb as fuck
>>
>>73679149
It may have been dumb, but it didn't start out with can't keep muh peepee in muh pants at least
>>
>>73676726
They like music as long as it glorifies the common worker.
>>
>>73679149
it was also always capitalist as fuck. Literally evolved in america.
>>
>>73676726
A good commie is a dead commie.
>>
>>73677820
are you stupid
>>
>>73678963
Wagner was pretty liberal in his youth but as he aged he became increasingly reactionary and inclined to extreme nationalism.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.